Windows 10: Why am I not able to run the DISM.exe to restore corrupted files, etc.?

Discus and support Why am I not able to run the DISM.exe to restore corrupted files, etc.? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've searched the web everywhere to know about the problem but it give this error. "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508] c 2020 Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rishi1508, Mar 3, 2021.

1. rishi1508 Win User

Why am I not able to run the DISM.exe to restore corrupted files, etc.?

I've searched the web everywhere to know about the problem but it give this error.

"Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.508]

c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.19041.329

Error: 2

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\.

For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

Since my Windows Update was having some issues regarding upgrade to the latest Windows Insider OS. It was giving this error, btw. "0xc1900101"

So I decided to check the system files, I've already tried "sfc /scannow" No files are found in the scan.

But I encountered this error.

Can anyone help me fix this error. ;

:)

rishi1508, Mar 3, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Romel Ram Win User

cannot open .exe files

Hi Linda,

It is possible that the .exe files has been altered and Windows was unable to run the file properly. To properly isolate your issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you currently using an administrator account when you tried to run
      System Restore
      ?
    • Have you tried running System File Checker to check for any file corruption?
    • Have you tried running DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) to repair Windows image?
    • What are the .exe files that you've tried to change?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Why am I not able to run the DISM.exe to restore corrupted files, etc.? - Similar Threads - Why able run

2. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore: I have Windows 10 I am not able to run most .exe files. Any exe files to do with either admin, recovering to a restore point, etc.I Double clicking on program icons it then takes a long time the file frezes and wont launche.I can get into settings and alter a few things, but...
  3. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore: I have Windows 10 I am not able to run most .exe files. Any exe files to do with either admin, recovering to a restore point, etc.I Double clicking on program icons it then takes a long time the file frezes and wont launche.I can get into settings and alter a few things, but...
  4. Cannot run most exe files or updat / restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  6. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  7. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. i am having some issues with dism log files corrupted

i am having some issues with dism log files corrupted: i did a sfc scan and found out that i have some log files corrupted then I did run this command dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut it's now showing me this problem: The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files...
  9. Corrupt exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt exe file: I have a .exe file on my computer that when I try to delete comes up saying "you need permission from the administrator" even though I am the administrator. Is this a virus? Please let me know how to fix this....
  10. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...