Windows 10: Why am I not being asked for a password?

Discus and support Why am I not being asked for a password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fatkatie, Nov 30, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Why am I not being asked for a password?

uSW10Pro V1803

In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me.

If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a password to login. All I have to do is click my login button beneath my user icon.

My understanding is the selected checkbox should require it. Why can I login without a password?

Thank you. (Low hours pilot)

:)

fatkatie, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Saja67 Win User

Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I not being asked for a password? - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...
  3. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  4. Am I Being Hacked?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Am I Being Hacked?: Hello, Can someone look at these logs? I am trying to find the reason I keep getting a DPC_Watchdog_Violation resulting in a BSOD. I get the following info just before the crash: NetFx3-WCF-OC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1 2019-03-24 15:58:13, Info...
  5. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro, One Drive, MS Office 2016 I changed my password, but when I save MS Office documents to OneDrive, I am always asked to enter my password. Only saving, not opening. And only MS documents, not Adobe, Autodesk, or any other company. I'm not sure of what other...
  6. Why am i blocked?

Why am i blocked?: Alright. Lucky that i have another email so that i can just use that to login and ask. I have another account. That account has been blocked, i don't know why and when it happened. I just came to read some answers and then i couldn't because it was apparently blocked....
  7. why am I suspended?

why am I suspended?: I don't know why I'm suspended? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-am-i-suspended/809cf2b5-b8c5-481c-9367-7d2b27d5f6eb
  8. Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto?: I had two internal HDD's in my windows box however I removed one of them. The boot screen that appears when i turn my PC on is still giving me a choice of which Windows 10 copy that I want to log on to. What I am guessing is that the boot sequencing still thinks that i have...
  9. Am I being hacked?

Am I being hacked?: I have a lenovo 320 ideapad running microsoft windows 10, I have been having issues with User permissions and programmes or permissions being added remotely or virtually, settings also keep getting adjusted, my laptop runs slowly and drains the battery fast I am not sure but...
  10. being asked the old local account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being asked the old local account password: I am being asked the old local account password, which I never set up, I, changed the windows password succesfully, but now I (W10) does not accept it Thanks All 18268

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows password not being asked

2. bandizip password not being asked