Windows 10: Why am I not being asked for a password?

Discus and support Why am I not being asked for a password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fatkatie, Nov 30, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Why am I not being asked for a password?

uSW10Pro V1803

In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me.

If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a password to login. All I have to do is click my login button beneath my user icon.

My understanding is the selected checkbox should require it. Why can I login without a password?

Thank you. (Low hours pilot)

:)

fatkatie, Nov 30, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Saja67 Win User

Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I not being asked for a password? - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  3. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  4. Why am I being punished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being punished?: Why am I getting punished for cussing someone out who was griefing and cheating but other people can call me a retarded monkey, spam me by calling me a ****, also flirt and harass me and I’ve reported some of them, but none of them gotten punished? Also I’ve had a problems...
  5. Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?: While trying to install a Windows 10 update, I am being asked to manually uninstall virtualbox LD Player because it is not compatible with Windows 10.This app is not installed on my device.Thank you,Osama...
  6. Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?: While trying to install a Windows 10 update, I am being asked to manually uninstall virtualbox LD Player because it is not compatible with Windows 10.This app is not installed on my device.Thank you,Osama...
  7. Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?: I have an older Windows Home Network v1 computer that I use a lot for network storage. Lately, when I want to access a share on that machine, I get the pop up window that asks me to "Enter Network Credentials." I enter them, and it's fine. But why do I have to do this at all?...
  9. I am being asked to enter “power-on password”

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am being asked to enter “power-on password”: Greetings! I am in need of help! I bought a HP All-In-One Desktop from WalMart a year ago and I barely use this computer. I turned it on recently and it is asking me to enter a “power-on password”, mind you, the only password I ever created was the one for my profile. Can...
  10. Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?: I am the only user of my laptop (I am an administrator and an adult) and I am being told I need to ask an adult in my family for permission to use Windows Shell Experience .......... WHY!?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows password not being asked

2. bandizip password not being asked