Windows 10: Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

Discus and support Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I disabled all notifications in Windows settings. "Shown notifications on the lock screen" is not only off, but it's grayed out. But my lock screen not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NaomiHere, Jun 18, 2024.

1. NaomiHere Win User

Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

I disabled all notifications in Windows settings. "Shown notifications on the lock screen" is not only off, but it's grayed out. But my lock screen not only shows random notifications that I never chose, it's outdated - the weather is right now is dry and 82, but the notification shows 65 and rainy!? Also, "Get Notifications from these Senders" are all greyed out, but some are switched on. The selections also have nothing to do with what's showing on the lock screen: weather, sports, stock market. In other words I seem to have no control over this situation. Is there a reason why this migh

:)

NaomiHere, Jun 18, 2024
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Lock Screen Notifications

Hi Aaron,

If you already receive the email notification before disabling the lock screen notification, it will not go away unless you've read the email.

Since you've mention that there is no new email when you've checked it, there is a high possibility that it is indeed a new email as shown on the lock screen, but it did not appear on the Mail app since it is not syncing properly.

For us to verify if it is syncing issue, we suggest sending a test email. If the email did not arrive, we highly recommend removing your account on Mail app for it to sync properly using the steps below:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click Settings. (As shown on the picture below.)

Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all... aee921fe-fffe-4630-9f2d-ed20845af183.png
    • Select Manage Accounts.
    • Select the account you want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.
    • Then, add your account. Please check this link
      for instructions on how to add your account.

After successfully adding the account, check if you will receive the new emails then open it. Afterwards, check the lock screen if it will still provide you the notification. This will help us isolate if the issue is caused by incorrect notification
    of lock screen or Mail app not receiving new email messages.

Please update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 18, 2024
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 18, 2024
  4. Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

incorrect mail notification on the lock screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving incorrect mail notification on the lock screen. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to incorrect sync issue or due to the corruptions in notification settings.

I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through

Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to turn off the notification and restart the computer and turn it on again and check if the issue persists.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open
      Settings and choose System.

• Select Notifications and action.

• At the right side, I suggest you to turn off the notifications from the app and lock screen.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 18, 2024
Thema:

Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

1. Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all... - Similar Threads - Why receiving notifications

2. Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...: I disabled all notifications in Windows settings. "Shown notifications on the lock screen" is not only off, but it's grayed out. But my lock screen not only shows random notifications that I never chose, it's outdated - the weather is right now is dry and 82, but the...
  3. Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not only receiving notifications on the lock screen on W10 after disabling all...: I disabled all notifications in Windows settings. "Shown notifications on the lock screen" is not only off, but it's grayed out. But my lock screen not only shows random notifications that I never chose, it's outdated - the weather is right now is dry and 82, but the...
  4. Why am I still receiving notifications after disabling all notifications in Windows settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I still receiving notifications after disabling all notifications in Windows settings?: I still receive banner notifications for Teams and Outlook after disabling all notifications in the Windows settings. I've also tried using Focus Assist setting it to Alarms only mode. Nothing has worked here. Is there a reason why this might be happening?...
  5. Why am I still receiving notifications after disabling all notifications in Windows settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I still receiving notifications after disabling all notifications in Windows settings?: I still receive banner notifications for Teams and Outlook after disabling all notifications in the Windows settings. I've also tried using Focus Assist setting it to Alarms only mode. Nothing has worked here. Is there a reason why this might be happening?...
  6. Why am I still receiving notifications after disabling all notifications in Windows settings?

7. Why don't i receive the notification on this screen? please help

Why don't i receive the notification on this screen? please help: Hello,as mentioned, i m not receiving any notification on that screen to secure my account. Not my fault if it is being compromised after that, i ve done everything i could,Best regards,Arn...
  8. Why don't i receive the notification on this screen? please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't i receive the notification on this screen? please help: Hello,as mentioned, i m not receiving any notification on that screen to secure my account. Not my fault if it is being compromised after that, i ve done everything i could,Best regards,Arn...
  9. Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.

Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.: Hi, Since last update. I am no longer receiving email "Google or Outlook" or calendar notifications I have checked setting/email accounts I have checked settings in "Notifications & actions, get notifications from apps and other senders is "ON" I have checked Focus...
  10. Only receiving notifications after 9am

Only receiving notifications after 9am: Certain apps, but most consistently a game (Asphalt 9) will only send notifications after 9am and i can't for the life of me figure out why. Within the game itself notifications are turned on but there is no where that you can set a time. Focus assist is turned off. The...