Windows 10: Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

Discus and support Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't download (the only option for make changes to this computer is NO), can't make changes to user account (again, the only option is NO)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Julydogsss, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

I can't download (the only option for make changes to this computer is NO), can't make changes to user account (again, the only option is NO)?

submitted by /u/Julydogsss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Julydogsss, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 26, 2021
  4. jimbobs Win User

Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

1. Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)? - Similar Threads - Why administrator laptop

2. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  3. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  4. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. why am i not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i not the administrator?: I am so curious as to why I am not the administrator to the laptop that I purchased for my own personal use. Someoneplease tell me why and what the hell is the difference between a local account and my account withMicrosoft 365. I want to be able to see settings that are...
  6. Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I not the administrator on my computer.: Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges: My account is the only account on the computer. It shows that the account is an administrator. Why is it I'm being blocked by the administrator for trying to uninstall a program on my computer? Why is...
  7. Why am I not the system administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I not the system administrator?: I use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and it says there's a Quickbooks software update waiting for me, but that I don't have the required permissions and I need to contact my system administrator, but I am the system administrator....
  8. Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop: I bought an HP Pavilion a while back. I have only used it for writing papers for school up to this point. With all that is going on I need to add apps for myself and my children for school. I am unable to do so because I am stuck in S mode. I have tried everything. I even...
  9. Brand New Laptop, Windows telling me I am not Administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Laptop, Windows telling me I am not Administrator: Hello, I just bought a new Hp laptop and went through the set-up process. Haven't owned a windows computer in a decade. I was trying to rename one of my program file folders and was told "You require permission from the administrators to make changes to this folder." When i...
  10. My laptop randomly freezes - I am using Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop randomly freezes - I am using Windows10: My laptop randomly freezes - I am using Windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-randomly-freezes-i-am-using-windows10/cf1272b1-3823-43e7-87a4-5c1d6f6d837c