Windows 10: Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

Discus and support Why am I not the administrator on my computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges: My account is the only account on the computer. It shows that the account is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RYNLAD669, Jul 11, 2020.

1. RYNLAD669 Win User

Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges:

My account is the only account on the computer.

It shows that the account is an administrator.

Why is it I'm being blocked by the administrator for trying to uninstall a program on my computer?

Why is it I can't delete or modify files on my computer as the administrator?

Between this and the inability to disable Microsoft metrics and information gathering I'm one step away from never buying a Microsoft product again.

Is there any reason for this whatsoever?

:)

RYNLAD669, Jul 11, 2020
  2. J JMoran Win User

Why am I not recognized as administrator on my desktop?

How can I let my computer know I am the only administrator on this computer? I am trying to delete Chromium and this is the last step.

J JMoran, Jul 11, 2020
  3. I have updates to do on my laptop but i am being asked to sign in as administrator but i am unable to do this. There is no option.

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the user account you are logged into is an administrator account or not. If not, I suggest you to login to the computer
    Administrator account.

Secondly, I suggest you to check if there are any other user account in your computer with admin privileges.

To do so, open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check all the user accounts created in the computer. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

Kindly keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

I am an administrator but don't have access to my documents

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How many user accounts are setup on the PC?
    I suggest you to check if issue persists in Hidden Admin account. Follow the steps to enable Hidden Admin:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type ‘net user administrator /active:yes’ and press Enter.

• Now check if issue persists on the Hidden admin account.
    Please get back to us with the results of the result of the proposed suggestion.

Giridhar J, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

1. Why am I not the administrator on my computer. - Similar Threads - Why administrator computer

2. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  3. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  4. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  5. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  6. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. why am i not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i not the administrator?: I am so curious as to why I am not the administrator to the laptop that I purchased for my own personal use. Someoneplease tell me why and what the hell is the difference between a local account and my account withMicrosoft 365. I want to be able to see settings that are...
  8. Why am I not the system administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I not the system administrator?: I use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and it says there's a Quickbooks software update waiting for me, but that I don't have the required permissions and I need to contact my system administrator, but I am the system administrator....
  9. Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop: I bought an HP Pavilion a while back. I have only used it for writing papers for school up to this point. With all that is going on I need to add apps for myself and my children for school. I am unable to do so because I am stuck in S mode. I have tried everything. I even...
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...