Windows 10: Why am I not the administrator?

Discus and support Why am I not the administrator? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by electrolepton, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Why am I not the administrator?

I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I looked and I am listed as the administrator of my account. Why am I requiring myself to change my own pin when I do not want to change my own pin. I paid for this laptop with my own money and I want to be the administrator of it. Please help me delete whoever the secret administrator is from my laptop so that I do not break th

:)

electrolepton, Feb 15, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 15, 2022
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Why am I not the administrator?

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

Thema:

Why am I not the administrator?

1. Why am I not the administrator? - Similar Threads - Why administrator

2. I register it as administrator but why still The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I register it as administrator but why still The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the...: How to solve it? please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-register-it-as-administrator-but-why-still-the/b6d9d975-00dd-4b99-b1ea-1123ec3ba5c3
  3. I register it as administrator but why still The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I register it as administrator but why still The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the...: How to solve it? please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-register-it-as-administrator-but-why-still-the/b6d9d975-00dd-4b99-b1ea-1123ec3ba5c3
  4. Why can I not access Windows Security when I am an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access Windows Security when I am an Administrator?: When I click on Windows Security, I get a blank screen. No ability to run Virus scan or anything else for that matter. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-access-windows-security-when-i-am-an/8834e8a3-00c7-42aa-b779-89ecbba6b9aa
  5. Why can I not access Windows Security when I am an Administrator?

Why can I not access Windows Security when I am an Administrator?: When I click on Windows Security, I get a blank screen. No ability to run Virus scan or anything else for that matter. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-access-windows-security-when-i-am-an/8834e8a3-00c7-42aa-b779-89ecbba6b9aa
  6. Why does Windows 11 require administrator credentials to connect to McAfee VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 require administrator credentials to connect to McAfee VPN?: I've used McAfee Live Safe VPN for a few years now, and I've always been able to connect via the McAfee app as a "regular" non-admin user. Within the last week or so I started getting a pop-up window that says:Action Not AllowedOnly Windows Administrators are allowed to...
  7. Why does Windows 11 require administrator credentials to connect to McAfee VPN?

Why does Windows 11 require administrator credentials to connect to McAfee VPN?: I've used McAfee Live Safe VPN for a few years now, and I've always been able to connect via the McAfee app as a "regular" non-admin user. Within the last week or so I started getting a pop-up window that says:Action Not AllowedOnly Windows Administrators are allowed to...
  8. Why is my laptop lagging after switching from administrator account to local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop lagging after switching from administrator account to local account?: Hello, I'm using windows 11. My laptop started lagging when I switched to administrator account to disable Norton and then switched back to local account, then the cursor and keyboard starts glitching but the othrs works just fine. When I shut it down it shows "Another...
  9. Why is my laptop lagging after switching from administrator account to local account?

Why is my laptop lagging after switching from administrator account to local account?: Hello, I'm using windows 11. My laptop started lagging when I switched to administrator account to disable Norton and then switched back to local account, then the cursor and keyboard starts glitching but the othrs works just fine. When I shut it down it shows "Another...
  10. Why does my main file administrator folder look smaller than others?

Why does my main file administrator folder look smaller than others?: It has been almost one week since the issue started. As you see, the "Huseyn" folder is smaller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-main-file-administrator-folder-look/887097f3-9c8a-4a02-b25d-0244ee42c674