Windows 10: Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

Discus and support Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought an HP Pavilion a while back. I have only used it for writing papers for school up to this point. With all that is going on I need to add apps... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ToniaJorgensen, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

I bought an HP Pavilion a while back. I have only used it for writing papers for school up to this point. With all that is going on I need to add apps for myself and my children for school. I am unable to do so because I am stuck in S mode. I have tried everything. I even spent $100 on windows 10 pro. Now I just have windows 10 pro in S mode. Every time I try to change it I am told I need my system administrator. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!! Please help me! Here is a picture of what I get when I try to switch out of S mode. Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop 281d74f8-466b-4ab7-aeb2-7420699d4a3d?upload=true.png

:)

ToniaJorgensen, Mar 20, 2020
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Health & Performance Report Not Available on 2 user accounts except the administrator's account in the laptop has Health Report

We appreciate your time responding back to us. At this point, we would suggest that you access the built-in Administrator account to and check if you would be able to perform a Health Check from it. Here are the steps on how to enable the built-in Administrator
    Account:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:yes and hit
      Enter

After completing these steps, you should see a message that you've done the command completed successfully. Sign out from your current user profile and you'll see the Administrator account as one of the choices.

Let us know if you would be able to perform a system health check on your account and we'll assist you with the next steps needed.

Once you're successful with performing a health check on the Administrator account, we would suggest that you disable it from your personal user profile by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

Jaune Bel, Mar 20, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop

1. Why am I not the system administrator on my personal laptop - Similar Threads - Why system administrator

2. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  3. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  4. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  5. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not the administrator?: I was locked out of my laptop. I am 100% sure that the password that I was using is the password that it has always been and my CAPSLOCK was off. I tried to use my pin, and was told that I was required by my administrator to change my pin. I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY PIN. I...
  6. Why am I not the administrator?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I not the administrator of my new laptop (Windows10)?: I can't download (the only option for make changes to this computer is NO), can't make changes to user account (again, the only option is NO)? submitted by /u/Julydogsss [link] [comments]...
  8. why am i not the administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am i not the administrator?: I am so curious as to why I am not the administrator to the laptop that I purchased for my own personal use. Someoneplease tell me why and what the hell is the difference between a local account and my account withMicrosoft 365. I want to be able to see settings that are...
  9. Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I not the administrator on my computer.: Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges: My account is the only account on the computer. It shows that the account is an administrator. Why is it I'm being blocked by the administrator for trying to uninstall a program on my computer? Why is...
  10. Why am I not the system administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I not the system administrator?: I use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and it says there's a Quickbooks software update waiting for me, but that I don't have the required permissions and I need to contact my system administrator, but I am the system administrator....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why system administrator need a laptop