Windows 10: Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?

Discus and support Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Norton Security Suite, which I get as part of my Comcast internet service. I just got an email from Broadcom telling me that I am now a Broadcom... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, Apr 27, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?

I use Norton Security Suite, which I get as part of my Comcast internet service. I just got an email from Broadcom telling me that I am now a Broadcom customer, and that I need to set up an account on their website. Broadcom bought Symantec's ENTERPRISE security business. According to this press release, Symantec is keeping their consumer security business. Broadcom buys Symantec's enterprise security portfolio for $10.7 billion | ZDNet

:)

2. Le Boule Win User

Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite

Try running the Norton Removal Tool:

List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Apr 27, 2020
  3. nodsirrah Win User
    Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused.
    My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it?

nodsirrah, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?

Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite?

1. Why am I now a Broadcom customer if I use Norton Security Suite? - Similar Threads - Why Broadcom customer

2. I need new Norton Security 360 in 5 days, but I am told Norton download manager is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need new Norton Security 360 in 5 days, but I am told Norton download manager is...: How do I get it to renew Norton security 360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-new-norton-security-360-in-5-days-but-i-am/1d28040f-bc4d-4c24-8299-3c57b5d49a21
  3. I am a BT customer trying to install Norton Virus Protection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am a BT customer trying to install Norton Virus Protection.: I am a BT cusomer who was requested by BT to delete my Macafee security package which I did and to install Norton Virus Protection instead. My Windows 7 64-bit system is said to be compatible with Norton, but the Norton will not install, whatever I try. I either get an error...
  4. I am a BT customer trying to install Norton Virus Protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am a BT customer trying to install Norton Virus Protection.: I am a BT cusomer who was requested by BT to delete my Macafee security package which I did and to install Norton Virus Protection instead. My Windows 7 64-bit system is said to be compatible with Norton, but the Norton will not install, whatever I try. I either get an error...
  5. To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10: I appreciate that the experts here dislike Norton but I need to check if any NIS users are having problems with these: 1. New Search facility (when wanting to add a snip/picture to your post) - previously all I had to do was click Search and go to my folder in my OneDrive....
  6. Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite

Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite: Hello, I'm Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite. When I check the Windows Defender Security Center it shows a Red icon w/ an X and asks to open Norton Security Suite When I click the Icon it shows that I have two Security Suites installed. ( I just...
  7. Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton Security Suite did not completely Un install: Loaded new Security Suite F-Secure through Frontier TV Internet Phone. Windows Defender shows Norton Security as a Provider and causing an error in Face Page of Window Defender...
  8. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  9. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite: Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me....
  10. Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?

Do I still use Xfinity Norton Security suite?: I just upgraded to Win 10, from Win 7, I am really confused. My Xfinity (Comcast) internet includes free Norton Security Suite and I believe Win 10 includes something like it. Should I continue using Norton Security suite or do I remove it? 44510