Windows 10: Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

Discus and support Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Carlos Andrés Egurrola, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code with me anymore. But I wont pay anything again

:)

Carlos Andrés Egurrola, Feb 7, 2024
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 7, 2024
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 7, 2024
  4. malware Win User

Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

Microsoft Announces Windows Vista Hardware Requirements

Microsoft today announced the official Windows Vista hardware requirements. If you want to run Windows Vista you'll need at least: 800MHz CPU , 512 MB of system memory, a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable, and 15 GB HDD free space. If you plan to use the Windows Aero user interface you'll have to own at least:
    • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
    • 1 GB of system memory.
    • A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero.
    • 128 MB of graphics memory.
    • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
    • DVD-ROM Drive.
    • Audio output capability.
    • Internet access capability.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 7, 2024
Thema:

Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

1. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Why required activate

2. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?: I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code with me anymore. But I wont pay anything again...
  3. Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I required to activate windows if accepted a free upgrade to Windows 11 from Microsoft?: I accepted a free upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 coming from Microsoft and now Im being requested to activate Windows, I dont have that activation code with me anymore. But I wont pay anything again...
  4. will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?: can i still get the free windows 11 upgrade and activated windows from windows 10 not activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-be-able-to-get-the-free-windows-11/0e18920c-4381-4f2a-aeb5-f20fc002d026
  5. will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?

will i be able to get the free windows 11 activated upgrade from windows 10 not activated?: can i still get the free windows 11 upgrade and activated windows from windows 10 not activated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-be-able-to-get-the-free-windows-11/0e18920c-4381-4f2a-aeb5-f20fc002d026
  6. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1: I keep getting an error that Windows 10 isn't activated. The error popped up after years of using it with no problem after taking advantage of the free upgrade from 8.1Clicking "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows Now" just causes the Settings menu to freeze...
  7. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1: I keep getting an error that Windows 10 isn't activated. The error popped up after years of using it with no problem after taking advantage of the free upgrade from 8.1Clicking "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows Now" just causes the Settings menu to freeze...
  8. Windows Activation error - Upgraded free from 8.1

9. Windows 11 Activation required after upgrade from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation required after upgrade from Windows 10: I have upgraded my virtual machine from Windows 10 to Windows 11. There is a watermark on my screen saying I need to activate Windows. How do I do that? I don't have a record of my original Windows 10 key any more. I assumed it would be ported over as part of upgrade...
  10. Windows 11 Activation required after upgrade from Windows 10

Windows 11 Activation required after upgrade from Windows 10: I have upgraded my virtual machine from Windows 10 to Windows 11. There is a watermark on my screen saying I need to activate Windows. How do I do that? I don't have a record of my original Windows 10 key any more. I assumed it would be ported over as part of upgrade...