Windows 10: Why am I scrolling one page at a time?

Discus and support Why am I scrolling one page at a time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure where to post this but I guess I am wondering about performance. All seems to be working. Last December I built a new i7-4790k with 512GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015.

1. MPSAN Win User

Why am I scrolling one page at a time?

I am not sure where to post this but I guess I am wondering about performance. All seems to be working. Last December I built a new i7-4790k with 512GB SSD and 16 GB memory. I am using Windows 10 Pro...64 bit and all seems fast. My video card is an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW. This should be overkill as I do not play games.

So my problem is that on the web, I seem to get a page at a time, instead of a smooth scroll. I use Firefox, but now I see it is NOT a web issue. I see this in multi page Office 2013 documents and even Quicken. Is there some setting that I am missing that will load all it can and provide smooth scrolling instead of a page at a time brief delay?

Win 10 and my drivers are up to date.

:)

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015

2. windows 10 fresh paint app cannot scroll down to view them

I am trying to view my recent paintings in windows 10 fresh paint app but cannot scroll down to view them. There does not seem to be any way to scroll down. what is the secret to viewing more of the page? Thanks in advance for any clues on why the page
    will not scroll would be so much appreciated Thanks Again

Sbarela_10., Oct 10, 2015
  3. viewing pdf in Microsoft Edge

I am using Windows 10 Build 16299 right now. Most problems seem fixed if you use "one page layout, continuous scrolling enabled" mode.

* The zoom setting is not sticky, so you need to zoom again on a new page. Workaround: use "one page layout, continuous scrolling".

* There is now a way to see what page you are on and how many are in total at the top. In the "one page layout, continuous scrolling" you also have a slider on the left edge.

Marius Romania, Oct 10, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Double check the Mouse Properties:

Why am I scrolling one page at a time? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 10, 2015
  5. MPSAN Win User
    It is now set to 3 lines at a time. Also, even though I have a Wireless Logitech M325, it is showing Generic. Not sure it matters though.

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015
  6. MPSAN Win User
    I think my issue was not explained fully. I know I can change the number of lines the wheel scrolls, and even make it a page at a time. My issue is that as soon as I cross a page boundary...like scrolling to page 2 or 3 while looking at a Word Doc, for example, it pauses before showing the contents. Same with a browser. It is like it is buffering the data. Why can't I just scroll through a document regardless of the number of pages. It is like I only get ONE page at a time before loading the next page.

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I have a M 325 too, have you Set Point installed, that seems to help me, specially when I turn on the add-on in the browsers.

Cliff S, Oct 10, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

Your System Specs say nothing about your computer so I'd speculate you haven't sufficient RAM/Random Access Memory or that your graphics adapter hasn't sufficient memory. That can result in the effect of buffering you mentioned. My first computer [in '92] had MS-DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 with WordPerfect 5 for Windows. It ran on 4MB RAM and a 120MB hard drive, first upgrade was to 8MB RAM as WordPerfect kept running out of memory at 8 pages of data and had to keep swapping out from RAM to the swapfile [temporary storage]. The swapfile worked the same as today's Virtual Memory or paging file.

I also have some Logitech M305 and M310 mice on hand, useful when working on Notebooks.

Berton, Oct 10, 2015
  9. MPSAN Win User
    No, I still use the Generic mouse driver. I can d/l and install the Setpoint software. Not sure where to turn on the add-on in the browser. As I said, it seems like my system is pausing when going from page to page even in WORD. This is especially bad when there are graphics.

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015
  10. MPSAN Win User
    That was in my first post...

I built a new i7-4790k with 512GB SSD and 16 GB memory. I am using Windows 10 Pro...64 bit and all seems fast. My video card is an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW. This should be overkill as I do not play games.

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    One more question: how's the battery?

Cliff S, Oct 10, 2015
  12. MPSAN Win User
    It actually is NEW.

MPSAN, Oct 10, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

It was just a thought.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I scrolling one page at a time? - Similar Threads - Why scrolling page

2. Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?: So, I have a client whos laptop is constantly going out of sync in terms of date and time. When I looked at the sync settings and compared them with mine, I noticed that 2 settings are completely missing. "Set time zone automatically" and "Set time automatically". Not having...
  3. Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?: So, I have a client whos laptop is constantly going out of sync in terms of date and time. When I looked at the sync settings and compared them with mine, I noticed that 2 settings are completely missing. "Set time zone automatically" and "Set time automatically". Not having...
  4. Any reason why I am missing settings on this page?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  6. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  7. why is my page scrolling so weird?

why is my page scrolling so weird?: why is the page scrolling so erratic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-page-scrolling-so-weird/b0a4780e-addb-49fc-8f32-7b92148aabaa
  8. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  9. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.: For the past few days I have been having these problems and more. My cursor keeps moving to the start of the search bar, document, etc. My webpages and documents keep scrolling up. Videos keep starting until I move to another tab. I am not able choose from drop down boxes...
  10. Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling: Why was this changed in Windows 10? I rely on these features and now they no longer exist! WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chiral-scrolling-and-one-finger-scrolling/2a23b984-124b-466b-a27d-1adfb90c995f