Windows 10: Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

Discus and support Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So After recent updates of windows 2004 there's a new bug of video playing with a blank screen on it , basically we cant see the video that we're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Divitpatidar, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

So After recent updates of windows 2004 there's a new bug of video playing with a blank screen on it , basically we cant see the video that we're playing it's all blank it with a black screen but we can hear the audio and see the captions, the drivers and everything is upto date. I did run troubleshooting of media player & so many things it's probably the update please fix it.

:)

Divitpatidar, Sep 20, 2020

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Video play green or black screen

Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you.

Ronald Tice, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

black screen when trying to play videos .

Hello , I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop . videos do play on my browser , you tube , virgin media etc . when I try to play a dvd I have audio but no video , black screen, same as when I try to play video clips that I have saved in my videos folder . My default
    video player installed on this laptop is cyberlink and the web cam is cyberlink you cam .

I have used the Microsoft help desk 4 times and I have had remote assistance but I still have the problem with video playback since installing windows 10 . I am seriously considering going back to windows 7 .

paulledster, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ?

1. Why am i seeing a black screen whenever i play a video ? - Similar Threads - Why seeing black

2. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  3. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  4. Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?: Updated my Windows 11 only a few hours ago, then wanted to install a third party software so went on for disabling the Windows Security but there I saw this blank screen just still and no sign of moving ahead just stuck. Can someone please tell me what's the problem??...
  5. Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?

Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?: Updated my Windows 11 only a few hours ago, then wanted to install a third party software so went on for disabling the Windows Security but there I saw this blank screen just still and no sign of moving ahead just stuck. Can someone please tell me what's the problem??...
  6. why am I seeing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  7. why am I seeing this?

why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  8. Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?: I see the taskbar sometimes when I watch YouTube videos in full screen mode. I haven't tried anything yet Edition. I have to face this problem both in Chrome and Edge. Windows 11 Pro Version:- 22H2 Installed on:- ‎30-‎10-‎2022 OS build:- 22621.755 Experience:- Windows Feature...
  9. Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?

Why am I seeing the Windows taskbar while watching videos?: I see the taskbar sometimes when I watch YouTube videos in full screen mode. I haven't tried anything yet Edition. I have to face this problem both in Chrome and Edge. Windows 11 Pro Version:- 22H2 Installed on:- ‎30-‎10-‎2022 OS build:- 22621.755 Experience:- Windows Feature...
  10. Screen blacks out whenever I play Overwatch :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blacks out whenever I play Overwatch :: I received my NZXT Starter Pro last week. I play Overwatch everyday. Every few days, right when actual game is about to begin, my screen will black out, and it'll make this humming noise. The computer is still running. This has happened three times already. What should I do?...