Windows 10: Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?

Discus and support Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I put my system to sleep while I made lunch. When I came back I saw a message at lower right corner saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bbinnard, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bbinnard Win User

Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?

I put my system to sleep while I made lunch. When I came back I saw a message at lower right corner saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

Needless to say I have never seen this before. Settings said to run the Activation Troubleshoot program. I did. IT said it could not activate my Windows and I should go to the Windows Store to buy a license.

Is this some sort of obscure virus? The Windows Home web page says "Something happened and we couldn't make your copy of Windows genuine."

:)

bbinnard, Apr 15, 2018
  2. garywillis, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Why AM I seeing something after MSN France: Hotmail, Outlook, actualités, météo, divertissement

Hello Joseph,

The extension part of the URL is automatically added as part of site redirection. I mean, when you type
    MSN France: Hotmail, Outlook, actualités, météo, divertissement and hit Enter key, it will automatically take the extension part to redirect you to the MSN site according to the region. For instance, if the site is accessed from India,
    then it redirects to
    http://www.msn.com/en-in/
    . In view of the same, extension part will changes according to region or from the location you're accessing the website.

Hope this will address your query. Let us know if you require any other information on this.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 15, 2018
  4. bbinnard Win User

Never mind - I finally got in touch with an MS tech who took a look at my system via remote link and decided to just reinstall Windows. So he downloaded the Media Creation Kit and ran it with the reinstall option. This worked OK.

Apparently when they encounter a weird problem like this they no longer try to diagnose/fix it, but just opt to reinstall. That's what I'll do should anything like this happen again.

bbinnard, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"? - Similar Threads - Why seeing Activate

2. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  3. Why I am not able to see windows security option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why I am not able to see windows security option: In my windows 10 I am not able to see windows security options plwase help.Also error code 80070002 is coming on my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-not-able-to-see-windows-security-option/f475a867-2180-422f-870a-9304347695c1
  4. Why I am not able to see windows security option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I am not able to see windows security option: In my windows 10 I am not able to see windows security options plwase help.Also error code 80070002 is coming on my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-not-able-to-see-windows-security-option/f475a867-2180-422f-870a-9304347695c1
  5. Why I am not able to see windows security option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?: Updated my Windows 11 only a few hours ago, then wanted to install a third party software so went on for disabling the Windows Security but there I saw this blank screen just still and no sign of moving ahead just stuck. Can someone please tell me what's the problem??...
  7. Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?

Why am I seeing this blank screen on Windows Security?: Updated my Windows 11 only a few hours ago, then wanted to install a third party software so went on for disabling the Windows Security but there I saw this blank screen just still and no sign of moving ahead just stuck. Can someone please tell me what's the problem??...
  8. why am I seeing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  9. why am I seeing this?

why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  10. Why I am seeing "Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows" ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I am seeing "Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows" ?: I have been searching for this message on internet since a while ago. I have got something around it to fix it. Do I need to buy a product key? Where shall I buy the key from? I found one link source : Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows But looks like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i seeing activate windows