Windows 10: Why am I seeing eventids 214 and 10 logged

Discus and support Why am I seeing eventids 214 and 10 logged in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I continue to receive these events (214 and 10) logged regarding store applications? I have no idea why these events are occurring - I have disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clk1946, Jun 13, 2016.

1. clk1946 Win User

Why am I seeing eventids 214 and 10 logged

I continue to receive these events (214 and 10) logged regarding store applications? I have no idea why these events are occurring - I have disabled the App store. What do I need to do to submit a '.evtx' file for further analysis?

:)

clk1946, Jun 13, 2016
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Why am i seeing Windows 10 Driver Updates popup after doing updates from settings?

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these question to assist you better.

1. What happens when you click on it?

2. Which is the exact driver update message you are getting?

3. Did you try restarting the computer and check?

I would like to inform you that Windows updates are Automatic updates. Provided if you have set it for Automatic (recommended). Updates will happen when ever your computer is connected to internet and computer will restart.

Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Click on the link below, download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter see if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

Also refer the Microsoft article below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Why am i seeing Windows 10 Driver Updates popup after doing updates from settings?

Why am I still seeing Windows 10 Drivers Update popup after executing driver updates in settings? (New HP laptop)

Frank G .Sr., Jun 13, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Run the following command form a Command Prompt (may need Elevated Command Prompt):

wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"

Zip eventlog.txt and attach here then people can look at it.

Ztruker, Jun 13, 2016
  5. clk1946 Win User
    The events that I am curious/anxious about are logged in the Administrative Events log, not the Windows System log. The text file is attached. These events occur every time the Windows is booted. I have no idea why or what is causing the attempts to install and register the applications listed. Any help/guidance and explanation would be appreciated.

clk1946, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    How did you disable the Store App?

I found this here: SOLVED: How to Disable the STORE App in Windows 10 - Up & Running Technologies Calgary

Also found this: How to Completely Remove the Windows Store - Windows 10

If you do this the only way to get it back is to reinstall Windows 10.

Ztruker, Jun 14, 2016
  7. clk1946 Win User
    I disabled the windows store via GPEDIT. When I checked the registry, the value for RemoveWindowsStore was set to 1. The 214/10 eventids continue to appear in the log.

My initial reaction to the logged errors was to try to stop the errors by 'disabling' the Windows store, however that has not made any difference. It is not clear to me that removing the Windows store will make the errors go away either. I checked the links on how to disable and/or remove the store completely, but disabling it did nothing to stop the errors. So, I'm skeptical that removing the store will stop the errors either. Who or what in the system is driving the registration and installation of the apps ?

clk1946, Jun 14, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Are you using a local or a Microsoft account to login with?

You could try creating a new account (local or MS, same as what you are now using) and see what happens.

Ztruker, Jun 15, 2016
  9. clk1946 Win User
    I'm using a local account. I found a fix at the following link: http://appuals.com/best-fix-windows-...-icon-missing/ . There are 3 methods listed - I used method 1 which apparently (from the command) re-registered all of the applications. I am no longer seeing eventids 214 and 10 being logged during a Windows bootup. We'll see how long this lasts - I will wait another day before declaring this a successful fix. Thanks for your help.

clk1946, Jun 15, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Great, thanks for letting me know. I saved that for future reference.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I seeing eventids 214 and 10 logged - Similar Threads - Why seeing eventids

2. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  3. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  4. Why am I seeing squares system Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing squares system Icons: For some reason I am seeing squares instead of system icons. also in search the power options is displaying squares. This also impacts some windows applications not showing "words" or icons. This is not the desktop application icons but wifi icon in the tray and power under...
  5. why am I seeing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  6. why am I seeing this?

why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  7. Why am I logged to defaultuser0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I logged to defaultuser0: Hello I just finished install windows 11 dev channel and then once I complete there a oobe but no prompt for account then it just log me in this weird account called defaultuser0 I remember there a password but you can’t enter but why am I logged into this it just straight up...
  8. Why am I logged to defaultuser0

Why am I logged to defaultuser0: Hello I just finished install windows 11 dev channel and then once I complete there a oobe but no prompt for account then it just log me in this weird account called defaultuser0 I remember there a password but you can’t enter but why am I logged into this it just straight up...
  9. Why am I seeing 0x800f0989 error code ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I seeing 0x800f0989 error code ?: While I try to install 10-2020 commulative preview update I am seeing this error code . please visit help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-0x800f0989-error-code/acc7f06f-69ac-4bec-8b15-34277421ee5e
  10. Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I seeing "Activate Windows"?: I put my system to sleep while I made lunch. When I came back I saw a message at lower right corner saying "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows." Needless to say I have never seen this before. Settings said to run the Activation Troubleshoot program. I...