Windows 10: Why am i seeing more computers in my network?

Discus and support Why am i seeing more computers in my network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why am I seeing more computers in my network?I have a wire connection and the single computer connected is mine[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GreyEdd, Apr 13, 2021.

1. GreyEdd Win User

Why am i seeing more computers in my network?

Why am I seeing more computers in my network?I have a wire connection and the single computer connected is mine Why am i seeing more computers in my network? b4cc257e-dfee-4fea-af53-1955b0db8030?upload=true.jpg

:)

GreyEdd, Apr 13, 2021

2. Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.

Hi William Bravin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Have you installed any VPN connection application on your computers?
    2. Are the computers connected to any Domain Network?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

Method 1:
    Network Troubleshooter.

1. I suggest you to run the Network Troubleshooter by going to
      Settings > Network and Internet > Status.
    2. Under Change your network settings, select
      Network troubleshooter and follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try Method 2.

Method 2:
    Executing The Networking Commands.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for
      Command Prompt
      > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on
      Run As Administrator.
    2. Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following command in the Command Prompt and hit
      Enter after each command.

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • ipconfig /registerdnsipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew
    • netsh int ip reset
    • netsh winsock reset

1. Once the above commands are executed successfully,
      restart the computer once
      and check if you are able to see the computers in the network.

If you are not able to see the computer in the Network, then follow
    Method 3

Method 3:
    Disabling Internet Protocol Version 6.

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      ncpa.cpl > Hit Enter.
    2. Once the Network Connection window is opened,
      double-click on your Network Adapter > Click on
      Properties and locate the Internet Protocol Version 6 entry on the list.
    3. Disable the checkbox next to
      Internet Protocol Version 6 > Click on Apply >
      OK
    4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to see the computer in the Network.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 13, 2021
  3. After recent update...why can't I see all my computers on my network anymore?

Possible that the network discovery on your computer was turned off after installing the Windows update. Network discovery is a network setting that affects whether your computer can find other computers and devices on the network and whether other computers
    on the network can find your computer. To assist you further, we suggest that you check if the network discovery on your computer was turned on.

If network discovery was turned off, you may turn on the network discovery by following the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
    • Expand Private network profile for the one you want to turn on network discovery.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Select Turn on network discovery and click on Save changes.

After following the steps, check if you will be able to see all computers on your network.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Why am i seeing more computers in my network?

Can't see workgroup computers on same network

Hi Rmilyard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error message while connecting?

• Have you installed all the updates on your computer?

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Network Adapter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update.

I suggest you to refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: Run network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Why am i seeing more computers in my network?

1. Why am i seeing more computers in my network? - Similar Threads - Why seeing more

2. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  3. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  4. why am I seeing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  5. why am I seeing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am I seeing this?: this app was for windows 11 but they want me to uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-this/1bff8db9-893c-4178-a66a-06eef61f1cfc
  6. why can i see every device on my network except computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can i see every device on my network except computer: I've turned on network discovery and file sharing. When I run the troubleshooter it says firewall or security might be blocking connection. I restored firewall to default but still cant see computer....
  7. why in March 2019 I cant see my other network computers

why in March 2019 I cant see my other network computers: In the first 3 weeks of March 2019, I could see all my networked computers. All of sudden, at the end of March 2019, I can no longer see them. Actually I had been accessing a file on another network computer, closed the file; then wanted to access a different file on that...
  8. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-other-workgroup-computers-in/9ed3297c-4660-4a7d-b237-079eaa692ae2
  9. I cannot see computer in my network

I cannot see computer in my network: before last update it was possible to share data between different computer in my network, now I cannot connect to one of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-cannot-see-computer-in-my-network/1884a860-0408-4f23-b8be-084db83a2d78
  10. why can I no longer see other computers on my network?

why can I no longer see other computers on my network?: It seems ever since they(Microsoft) got rid of the homegroup I can no longer see other computers on my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-can-i-no-longer-see-other-computers-on-my/da8c492d-3223-47f7-b205-f22790627e72