Windows 10: Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

Discus and support Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's sooo frustrating. How do I remove these? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D33P, Jul 23, 2018.

1. D33P Win User

Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

It's sooo frustrating. How do I remove these?

Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't... 4d3d66fd-ee71-4f91-8bb8-6e3e07baa94a?upload=true.png

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't make any sense? (SELF-SOLVED)

Hi D33P, that is really strange, 5 processes with the same name . . .

Task Manager and indeed Msconfig offer only limited control over Startup items . . .

Click the link below to download a small free utility that does not require installation

When the file downloads, unzip it.

Depending on your system, run Autoruns or Autoruns64 as Administrator

With that utility, you can right click and delete any startup item in Windows

In the long list of startup items, look for anything referencing Multiversal

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

DaveM121, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Startup screen picture and name

Hello Elliott,

For the steps on how to change your account picture on Windows 10, please refer to this

link

In regards to changing your name on the sign in screen, it will depend whether you're signed in as a local user or signed in using a Microsoft account.

For changing a local account user name, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type User Accounts then press
      Enter.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click Change the account name.
    • Enter the new name for the account.
    • Click Change Name to complete.
    For changing a Microsoft account user name, please follow the steps below.

• Sign in with your Microsoft account
      here
    • Beside your full name, click Edit name.
    • Enter the new name for your Microsoft account.
    • Click Save to complete.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Devlin Sco, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

Changing the users name

Hello George,

We appreciate your time and effort to reach out to us again.

Please be informed that Microsoft Account does not allow the User account information with only the first name.

• Follow the below steps in order to be able to change the
      User Accounts name.
    Note: You need Admin rights to do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and then type
    netplwiz in the Run dialog box. Click
    OK
    . If prompted for UAC, click Yes.

2. Now in the User Accounts window, check Users must enter a user name and password to enter this computer, if it is unchecked. In the
    User Name section, select the user name to which you want to change the name and click
    Properties.

3. In the Properties window, in the User name field, provide the desired user name. Then click
    Apply followed by OK.

• Follow the below steps to change the "This PC"
      Folder name
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. In the navigation panel, right click on This PC.

3. Type in a new name and press Enter.

4. If you have an explorer window open, then close and reopen it to fully apply.

You will now see this new name in explorer instead of the default name This PC.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

1. Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't... - Similar Threads - Why seeing startup

2. If I have my microsoft name as my first name and my last name will I be eligible for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have my microsoft name as my first name and my last name will I be eligible for...: I have entered a few microsoft rewards sweepstakes and I have only just realised I need my full name to be eligible but will I be eligible if I only have my first and last name in my name. will I still be eligible?...
  3. If I have my microsoft name as my first name and my last name will I be eligible for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I have my microsoft name as my first name and my last name will I be eligible for...: I have entered a few microsoft rewards sweepstakes and I have only just realised I need my full name to be eligible but will I be eligible if I only have my first and last name in my name. will I still be eligible?...
  4. Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have 5 user names in the user properties?: Sorry if it is a stupid question, but i'm literally confused, Because I can not understand the differences between 1EVERYONE 2ACCOUNT UNKNOWN then WHYYYY UNKOWN!!!? 3SYSTEMS4Administrators My pc name/Administrators5Users my pc's name/UsersThis is my personal PC and after I...
  5. Why would I see user name in my credentials manager that I don't recognize?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would I see user name in my credentials manager that I don't recognize?: I see username in my credential manager for account I know not what it is it's like to make sure this is not a hacked account means I don't even recognize the username...
  6. Why would I see user name in my credentials manager that I don't recognize?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would I see user name in my credentials manager that I don't recognize?: I see username in my credential manager for account I know not what it is it's like to make sure this is not a hacked account means I don't even recognize the username...
  7. Why would I see user name in my credentials manager that I don't recognize?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. User name on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name on Startup: I have been struggling with this problem for sometime now. As my computer starts up and it shows the welcome screen it displays a name. I'm trying to change that name. I've tried many different approaches to change this and get it to stay permanently. On doing my research...
  9. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": Why is the name of the folder under Users = "change name"?? See attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/8f767542-c7b9-4baa-8f8b-e4b2eaa7f240
  10. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": This is the only User on my PC besides "Public". Why is it "change name"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/e7070d11-0079-48fe-8e56-9459ec15b114