Windows 10: Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

Discus and support Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Smart_Neuron, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been around for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many thanks!SN :

:)

Smart_Neuron, Jan 26, 2023

2. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

Defragment and Optimize Drive:

Hi,

Defragment and Optimizing your drives can help your PC boot faster and run smoothly. Regarding the screenshot you provided, it looks like the process is running as intended. This process also takes a long time to be completed depending on the size of your
    hard drive, the partition size and the storage file types.

If you are experiencing issues, please provide the following details:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Did the defragment progress?
    • On what percentage is it currently on after sending the screenshot?

We look forward to your response so we can assist you.

Marie Ave, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

1. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG? - Similar Threads - Why seeing Defragment

2. Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I seeing this in Defragment and Optimize Drives - BUG?: Hello.See the screenshot below. I just want to see *my drives* not sub-partitions or the like.Something is just not right here. Happens on all Windows 11 installations. Why?This problem has been arorund for quite awhile. When will it be fixed or is there a workaround?Many...
  3. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  4. Defragment & Optimize Drives not working

Defragment & Optimize Drives not working: Hi all,I tried to optimize my C drive tonight, but the Defragment & Optimize Drives UI program wouldn't start. I tried the command line version by running defrag c: /U /V and nothing happened. There's no error. After doing some research, I found out there should be an...
  5. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  6. Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C

Defragmenting and Optimizing Drive C: Drive C no longer appears in the Defragmenting and Optimizing Drives App? I only see the Recovery Image. How do I add Drive C back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-and-optimizing-drive-c/c54cedb5-7c13-435b-80b6-5c4419421de6
  7. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug: Hi all I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues. 1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize tool in windows and I reboot it says 'never optimized' when i go back. I heard this was a bug in insider preview which they...
  8. Defrag and Optimize

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Defragment and Optimize C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...