Windows 10: Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account...

Discus and support Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; To me this seems like a bug, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's some kind of security feature? I login to Windows 10 (1903) with an AzureAD login. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JorikC, Aug 27, 2019.

1. JorikC Win User

Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account...

To me this seems like a bug, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's some kind of security feature? I login to Windows 10 (1903) with an AzureAD login. Since that password is pretty long, I prefer to not enter it every time I login and/or after locking my workstation when I leave my desk.

So I'm quite happy that Windows 10 allows me to use a short PIN code to login instead! However when I login with PIN, I am completely unable to access my Synology NAS shared drives. Since the password for my AzureAD login and the password for the Synology drive (with yet another username) are different, I don't understand why the different login would make any difference.

The right credentials are stored in the Credential Manager under Windows Credentials with the IP address of the NAS as Internet or network address.

So if I login with PIN I get a message that the mapped drive R: cannot be mapped, but then if I logout and login again with my AzureAD password, it works flawlessly...

I've found references online from years ago, when Windows 10 was still a Technical Preview, but has this really not been fixed over the course of all these years?!

:)

JorikC, Aug 27, 2019

2. Unable to connect to Synology NAS drive's shares

Hi,

I have been unable to connect to the shares on my Synology NAS drive since upgrading to Windows 10 when I try to map a network drive, or double click on "DISKSTATION" under "Network" in WIndows Explorer I get the following two message boxes.

This is now driving me nuts as I cannot copy files to/from my NAS drive and I think the only way is to go back to Windows 7 where I had no issues with connectivity.

I'm currently running version 1511 (build 10586.420)

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account... ff446ab7-f11b-4543-8609-d7a051c9a385.jpg

Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account... a4ad0474-4f55-4023-9536-cd473f7dd3a3.jpg

SkyExplorer, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer cannot access Synology NAS

I am using a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home and suddenly over the last several days a Synology NAS cannot be accessed from the laptop.

More information:

The version of Windows 10 Home - 1803

I have two other PC in the house and both can access the Synology NAS

I also have several Android tablets - they can access the NAS

On the laptop (with the issue) I also have a Synology management software product - It CAN access the NAS and open files

I originally mapped the NAS several months ago on the laptop and the mapped drives worked as expected until yesterday,

Yesterday I started getting messages saying "… the network path was not found." every time I tried to access/map the NAS

After several reboots of the laptop (yesterday) I was finally able to map the NAS, but only by typing in "\\ (NAS Name) \" before I started the mapping process.

This morning the same mapping (that worked yesterday evening) is not working and giving the same error message I saw yesterday morning.

Just to recap

Running laptop - windows 10 Home (1803)

Mapped NAS drives worked fine until yesterday

Synology management software on same PC can access the NAS and open files

Several other PCs can open files

I was able to re-establish connections yesterday by specifying the NAS name when I restarted the mapping

Today the mapping does not work (again).

WilliamToombs, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account...

Getting access to my data on Synology NAS

Hi, I have a problem with my Synology DS211j – please any help would be appreciated:
    I bought the Synology NAS about a year ago but after setting-up the NAS I had a stroke :-(.
    I am now trying to re-lean my NASs but am struggling with my Synology:
    I can see the NAS has two disk – a 1Gb disk “Not installed”, and a 2Gb disk “Installed”. As I think I should have some important data, I need to work out what I have on the 2Gb disk or possible even on the 1 Gb disk?
    So the 2Gb disk says it is installed but I don’t know how to get to the data from the disk (and I’m trying to be careful so that I don’t lose the data)?
    ny advise on the steps on get ting access to the date would be really appreciated!

winchesterstoke, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account...

1. Why am I unable to access my shared drive (Synology NAS) when I log into my Windows account... - Similar Threads - Why unable access

2. My Windows Computer is logged in to another account that I am unable to change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Computer is logged in to another account that I am unable to change.: My work computer has somehow been synced to m sons outlook account. IK have removed device from his outlook settings but is is still showing as the account holder on my work computer. I have tried so many things to get my work email as the main account and have been...
  3. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  4. Why do i see my documents when I am logged into my wife's personal account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why do i see my documents when I am logged into my wife's personal account: I have Microsoft 365. I sent an email as instructed to my wife's computer and enrolled her as a personnel account, not as Family. She has her own log in for her email and Microsoft. When I look in File Explorer on her computer I see all my files. In One Drive settings she is...
  5. Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds: Does anyone have s Synology NAS? I have one and mapped it to a drive letter and could see all the files on it without problems. However when i try to do a backup to it ot transfer files the transfer speed is single digit kbs. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any...
  6. Unable to access NAS drive when logged in using PIN to AzureAD account

Unable to access NAS drive when logged in using PIN to AzureAD account: To me this seems like a bug, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's some kind of security feature? I login to Windows 10 (1903) with an AzureAD login. Since that password is pretty long, I prefer to not enter it every time I login and/or after locking my workstation when I leave my...
  7. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  8. I am unable to log into my microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to log into my microsoft account on my laptop: when I try to log in from settings it shows "oops some error has occurred. It is probably our fault". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-log-into-my-microsoft-account-on-my/2da5cfc7-0c09-49e2-a7da-5d190386dd66
  9. Getting access to my data on Synology NAS

Getting access to my data on Synology NAS: Hi, I have a problem with my Synology DS211j – please any help would be appreciated: I bought the Synology NAS about a year ago but after setting-up the NAS I had a stroke :-(. I am now trying to re-lean my NASs but am struggling with my Synology: I can see the NAS has...
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i access the Synology account

2. unable to login to NAS drive