Windows 10: Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present?

Discus and support Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 256GB SSD drive, whole dedicated to windows OS. My SSD is divided as follow: 499 MB-Recovery-OEM Partition || 100 MB-EFI || 222 GB-C: ||... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nagesh_Noddy, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present?

I have 256GB SSD drive, whole dedicated to windows OS.
    My SSD is divided as follow:

499 MB-Recovery-OEM Partition || 100 MB-EFI || 222 GB-C: || 824 MB OEM Partition

Can anybody explain me:
    Why two OEM partitions are required?
    What if i want to delete the large one partition.
    Does is really matters?
    Is it ok if I shrink C drive and manage to free 4 to 6 GB, which is going to used as my swap memory of dual boot ready ubuntu (from another HDD).

:)

Nagesh_Noddy, Nov 30, 2019

2. OEM Partition

My windows 10 version 1703 is upgraded to 1801. During process a (D) partition(OEM Partition)
    is created how I can delete it?

SardarAD Khan, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Nirbhayk Win User
    recovery oem partition

actually sir i will purchased hp comapny laptop with windows10 os accidently delete oem partition how to recover those oem recovery partition

Nirbhayk, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present?

recovery oem partition

How did you delete the OEM partition? Did you delete it and then extend the C or D partition over it?

I would contact the manufacturer of the laptop and see what their support can say about this.

Another thing is to use system restore to a point before you deleted the partition.

This topic should also be helpful!

Captain_WD, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present?

1. Why another OEM partition is created even if there was already one OEM partition present? - Similar Threads - Why another OEM

2. Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to clone OEM Partition?: Hi, I have a Acer Swift SF314-54G. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed by Acer. Recently, I bought new SSD (Adata SX8200 Pro) because the HDD had seemed too slow to run Windows Applications. I cloned the old disk with AOMEI Backupper to my new SSD. After the...
  3. Recovering OEM Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering OEM Partition: I accidentally formatted OEM Partition using Diskpart during assigning name to drive. Now I don't know how to recover it. When I try to create a recovery Drive by CMD or Recovery Options It is giving error that "Some files are Missing" and cmd error "REAGENTC.EXE: The...
  4. New OEM Partition after 1903 Update

New OEM Partition after 1903 Update: On my laptop, the C and E partitions used to be adjacent. (Don't ask why there's no D partition.) About a week ago, I extended C, using MiniTool Partition Wizard, then I upgraded to 1903. Now there's a hidden OEM recovery partition between C and E. I'd like to extend C again,...
  5. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...
  6. Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?

Is it possible to move OEM Partition ?: [ATTACH] Hi all, Above is my new 1TB SSD. I've cloned it from my 500 GB one. My question is, i there any way I can extend my C drive with all that unallocated space without reinstall?...
  7. Windows 10 OEM Partitions

Windows 10 OEM Partitions: I have 2 OEM partitions on my windows 10, Disk 0. Both are small; one 350MB and the other 450MB (drive G). The later is within 10% of being full and I am constantly getting a system message making me aware of this space issue. Please can anyone tell me what these partitions...
  8. Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize OEM "Recovery" Partition on Schedule?: Hi: Will Win10 automatically "optimize" my SSD "Recovery" drive on schedule? I have reviewed this excellent tutorial (Optimize Drives Schedule Settings - Change in Windows 10) The System Drive and Data Drive are being automatically optimized (TRIM for the SSD and...
  9. OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop

OEM Recovery Partition HP Laptop: I own an HP 14 AC 016ne. This laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 originally. I had upgraded the Windows to Windows 10 pro with my own licence key that I had purchased separately. I had also resized my hard drive but I never changed or touched any other partitions on it....
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...