Windows 10: Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

Discus and support Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jian_469, May 30, 2021.

1. Jian_469 Win User

Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

When I open Task Manager, some service use a high memory. The service name is "Antimalware Service Executable". Please give me answer how to stop the service?

:)

Jian_469, May 30, 2021

2. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I was having the same issue like for weeks on my HP Probook Ci5 12GB, the Antimalware Service Executable process was eating up massive CPU, DISK and RAM. After all the hard time I got searching the solution I finally landed on

this
    article which helped me.

Maarij_2016, May 30, 2021
  3. Antimalware Service Executable problem

I am still having the problem even with the latest prerelease build. The Antimalware Service Executable process is often running and taking a lot of CPU, disk and memory. The same The Antimalware Service Executable -> Windows Defender Service ...
    Too often the PC (an I7 one, 8 GB EliteBook HP) is stuck and even the response of a keyboard entry is very slow!!

Any suggestions?

Enzo Contini, May 30, 2021
  4. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory?

1. Why "Antimalware Service Executable" use a high memory? - Similar Threads - Why Antimalware Service

2. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  3. AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AntiMalware Service Executable using high memory.: I have no idea why but AntiMalware Service Executable is using high memory. I have tried turning off Real time Protection and clearing any possible viruses off my computer but just seems to stay at a high memory usage averaging around 50% memory....
  4. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  5. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable: Hello,We are seeing high Antimalware Service Executable memory usage up to 20gb across multiple devices that are WIFI capable. There is also Hard Faults upwards of 50+ a second, causing the SSD to spike.Our desktops do not experience the same issue. Windows 10, is fully up to...
  6. High Memory Usage Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Antimalware service executable high memory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware service executable high memory: How do I fix this, antimalware service is using a big chunk of my memory that I cant run several programs I need in a single time. I'm not running any scans on windows defender....
  8. antimalware service executable high memory usage

antimalware service executable high memory usage: Will my computer be vulnerable if I add MsMpEng.exe to exclusions for Virus & threat protection settings? My PC and laptop have Windows 10 Home v 21H2 installed on 7/28/2020....
  9. Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable

Very high memory use with Antimalware Service Executable: Antimalware Service Executable takes up a very large amount of my computer's memory, over 0.7-0.8 GB. This happened after I ran a full scan; however, I am concerned because the amount continually increases whenever I turn on the computer. I also have a phone that had ~0.7 GB...
  10. Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable high memory usage?: Does anyone know if this is a bug or the program is actually doing it's job and scanning files? I've googled for solutions but no luck so far. submitted by /u/mawleek [link] [comments]...