Windows 10: why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ?

Discus and support why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to turn themes off in windows 7. But if i do that in windows 10 appearance settings are no saved and resets. This service should be off as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by empleat, Aug 28, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ?

I used to turn themes off in windows 7. But if i do that in windows 10 appearance settings are no saved and resets. This service should be off as it can cause micro latencies.

:)

empleat, Aug 28, 2019

2. Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 28, 2019
  4. why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ?

windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ?

1. why appearance settings don't save while themes service is disabled ? - Similar Threads - why appearance settings

2. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  3. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  4. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  5. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Don't Save Settings: Hello! On my microphone, it has 2 buttons to control the volume. Every time I turn on my computer, I have to press the volume down button on the microphone 6 times before it's the volume I want. Is there anyway to have that save and I don't have to do it every time? It's...
  6. Devices Don't Save Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Settings/Appearance/Theme Removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings/Appearance/Theme Removal: In Settings/Appearance/Theme I have a black and a blue square. The blue is chosen and I want to remove it, but not choose the black one either. How do I get my standard theme back?...
  8. Background setting don't save

Background setting don't save: I've seen this issue in previous much older posts, and none of the fixes or suggestion resolved my issue. I changed my setting in settings-->Background, changed Background to slideshow and I chose an album from my desktop. Change picture every 30 minutes, Shuffle on, Allow...
  9. Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?

Don't see right click menu in open/save dialogs while in contrast theme?: In many programs I see a weird vertical bar with small triangles instead of right click menu. It works fine in default theme but with every contrast one it 's broken. I cant switch sortings or get rid of annoying file grouping. It works just fine in default theme but...
  10. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...