Windows 10: Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

Discus and support Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the incessant updates lately, I'm reminded of how completely useless the 'Active Hours' 'feature' is. Why does Microsoft need six hours, seven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianGrassie, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

With the incessant updates lately, I'm reminded of how completely useless the 'Active Hours' 'feature' is. Why does Microsoft need six hours, seven days a week, to restart my computer rather than letting me limit it to the hours in which I'm least likely to be awake? Why can't it vary by day (maybe I'd rather have restarts at 3 am on the weekend, 10 am on work days)? And why can't I default to the scheduled restart option instead of having to switch to it and set it up every time (which is rather a lot lately)?

:)

BrianGrassie, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Feb 12, 2019
  4. kayale Win User

Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

"Active hours" limitation

I work from home and need my computer operating from about 8-AM to as late as 2-AM the next morning.
    This is a 18 hour span. How can I set my "active hours" to accommodate this? MS only lets me set "active hours" to a maximum span of 12 hours. Since 6 hours of "non-active" time is plenty of time for MS to install updates I see no reason for this 12 limit.

kayale, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

1. Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed? - Similar Threads - Why are active

2. Change Active Hours Option is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Active Hours Option is Missing: i am using win 10 pro (1809). On the windows update page, "change active hours option" is missing. It's missing for quite a while. I thought, if I update, it might come back. Unfortunately, it didn't....
  3. Active hours

Active hours: Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home? this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature" ever to come out from you guys, and with good reason. If i step away from my computer, and said computer is on, its a given...
  4. Settings, Active Hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings, Active Hours: My settings for Active Hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, yet I get frequent updates between 9-10:00 AM, which logs me off without notice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-active-hours/84b7c0a6-d14a-4657-8285-c7e060d3599b
  5. Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is share function in Photo app so limited?: I would like to post photos that I have edited in Photo App to Instagram. I'm running Windows 10 and have Instagram installed. Reinstalling Instagram doesn't help to add this site to the share options. Millions of others must find this frustrating as well. Why not have a...
  6. Cannot change active hours in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change active hours in windows 10: At about 4pm 7/11/18 Windows 10 did a update and restart in the middle of a program, losing all my data. Tried to change the active hours, which were set for 8am to 5pm, but could not change it. I could change the time and save, but when I checked, it back to 8am to 5pm....
  7. Active Hours

Active Hours: I want to turn off Active Hours in Windows Update, I don't want to change Active Hours because it's not updating on its own regardless of the hours I put in. Again: I wish to disable/turn off "Change Active Hours"...
  8. "Active hours" limitation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Active hours" limitation: I work from home and need my computer operating from about 8-AM to as late as 2-AM the next morning. This is a 18 hour span. How can I set my "active hours" to accommodate this? MS only lets me set "active hours" to a maximum span of 12 hours. Since 6 hours of "non-active"...
  9. Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu?: Why is there a limit of items that can be pinned to the start menu? In previous builds there was a higher limit or no limit. If the item listed was off-screen, you just scrolled whether or not the start menu was full size or not. In build 10130 there is a limit, not only...
  10. Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10: I have to wonder if Option Two would work on an earlier build since that involves the new registry entries. Still have a few VMs as well as the main to see upgrade from the 14295 to the new 14316 build to give this a try on! *Smile And the answer to that is... YES! That...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my phone so limited