Windows 10: Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

Discus and support Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the incessant updates lately, I'm reminded of how completely useless the 'Active Hours' 'feature' is. Why does Microsoft need six hours, seven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianGrassie, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

With the incessant updates lately, I'm reminded of how completely useless the 'Active Hours' 'feature' is. Why does Microsoft need six hours, seven days a week, to restart my computer rather than letting me limit it to the hours in which I'm least likely to be awake? Why can't it vary by day (maybe I'd rather have restarts at 3 am on the weekend, 10 am on work days)? And why can't I default to the scheduled restart option instead of having to switch to it and set it up every time (which is rather a lot lately)?

:)

BrianGrassie, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Feb 12, 2019
  4. kayale Win User

Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

"Active hours" limitation

I work from home and need my computer operating from about 8-AM to as late as 2-AM the next morning.
    This is a 18 hour span. How can I set my "active hours" to accommodate this? MS only lets me set "active hours" to a maximum span of 12 hours. Since 6 hours of "non-active" time is plenty of time for MS to install updates I see no reason for this 12 limit.

kayale, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed?

1. Why are active hours so limited? Can that be changed? - Similar Threads - Why are active

2. why are my touchpad options so limited?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why are my touchpad options so limited?: I wanted to fiddle around in my touchpad to fix a scrolling issue, so I looked up a tutorial and the guy had completely different touchpad settings. So I updated my Windows version thinking I was just on an older software version, but that did nothing....
  3. Why only half-hour device limits?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why only half-hour device limits?: Have used Microsoft Saftey Device Limits for many years, and wonder if there are plans to increase the number of selectable time units? I usually make sure the kids' computer is turned off 15 minutes before they go to school, and full- and half-hours are rarely enough....
  4. Why only half-hour device limits?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why only half-hour device limits?: Have used Microsoft Saftey Device Limits for many years, and wonder if there are plans to increase the number of selectable time units? I usually make sure the kids' computer is turned off 15 minutes before they go to school, and full- and half-hours are rarely enough....
  5. can't change active hours

can't change active hours: if i have my updates paused can i not access the place to change my active hours. I used to be able to. When i go there now it says 12 pm to 12 am which is not what i want. do i need to turn "resume updates' back on in order to access this feature. Thank you...
  6. Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?: Greetings All, I have had really bad frustrations with the unpredictability of Focus Assist and Active Hours ever since build 1809 on Windows 10 and this has now carried over on two PC’s; a Dell Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Here are some observations for the Microsoft...
  7. Changing Active Hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Active Hours: Am considering amending my “active hours” setting and am unsure about a couple of things: I tend not to leave the machine on over-night, is this a problem. Was considering revised active hours settings from 09.00 to 21.00, this would leave (say) 2-3 hours for updates, would...
  8. Changing Active Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Active Hours: I tried to change my active hours before downloading latest update so that I could leave it to restart its self but I found I could not do it because when you try to change hours the bar goes over the save button and it will not change I know in tutorials there is a way to do...
  9. Settings: Change active hours

Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  10. "Active hours" limitation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Active hours" limitation: I work from home and need my computer operating from about 8-AM to as late as 2-AM the next morning. This is a 18 hour span. How can I set my "active hours" to accommodate this? MS only lets me set "active hours" to a maximum span of 12 hours. Since 6 hours of "non-active"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my phone so limited