Windows 10: Why are all my photos "online only?"

Discus and support Why are all my photos "online only?" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently moved photos onto my desktop and when I was working with them, when I deleted one it said "online only, won't go to recycle bin." But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greenhyacinth, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Why are all my photos "online only?"

Recently moved photos onto my desktop and when I was working with them, when I deleted one it said "online only, won't go to recycle bin."

But I wanted these photos on my desktop.

I want to store them on the hard drive, I don't care if there is a copy in the cloud, that's fine, I want my photos on my hard drive.

I now see the One Drive icon on every photograph in my computer including old ones.

:)

greenhyacinth, Oct 4, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Why are all my photos "online only?" :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Why are all my photos "online only?"

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Why are all my photos "online only?"

1. Why are all my photos "online only?" - Similar Threads - Why are photos

2. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  3. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  4. Where are all my photos?

Where are all my photos?: I purchased a HP laptop a few days ago with Windows 11. I put my photos on it with no problem. They are all on my computer, but I can't access all of them if I want to post one. I tried to add a profile photo to my Google account, also I wanted to post some on Facebook. Not...
  5. All my folders and files are suddenly Read-Only. Solutions found online not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my folders and files are suddenly Read-Only. Solutions found online not working.: Hi, All of a sudden all my files and folders have become read-only. Even if I right-click and deselect the option, it does not work. When I open up the properties again, it's ticked again. I don't recall having a windows update in the last few days and I'm not sure how this...
  6. All my folders and files are suddenly Read-Only. Solutions found online not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my folders and files are suddenly Read-Only. Solutions found online not working.: Hi, All of a sudden all my files and folders have become read-only. Even if I right-click and deselect the option, it does not work. When I open up the properties again, it's ticked again. I don't recall having a windows update in the last few days and I'm not sure how this...
  7. All my folders and files are suddenly Read-Only. Solutions found online not working.

8. deleted online-online only files

deleted online-online only files: Hi, Has anyone found away to retrieve files that were deleted from PC after "Deleting items permanently removes them from your PC without sending them to the Recycle Bin" prompt? Thanks James...
  9. How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...: I’m going to clean install Windows and I want my pictures to stay on the hard drive rather than the low quality online version that I would otherwise have on OneDrive. It shows two blue arrows in a circular shape next to the file and says they are online only. I want them to...
  10. All my folders are stuck on read only (all the standard online solutions don't work)

All my folders are stuck on read only (all the standard online solutions don't work): I just reformatted my computer and did a fresh install of windows 10 home (version 1903). I plugged in my external SSD via usb, and every folder in the drive is stuck on "read only". What this means is that when I right-click on the folder and select "Properties", the "read...