Windows 10: Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode

Discus and support Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every application I launch automatically starts in administrative mode, I have valuable files, over 100gb of them, as I am a music producer and game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trent Johnson2, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode

Every application I launch automatically starts in administrative mode, I have valuable files, over 100gb of them, as I am a music producer and game developer, but Is there a way I can solve this?

:)

Trent Johnson2, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode

Quicken 2016 won't start unless accessing as: "run as Administrator" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Quicken 2016 on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Is this issue confined only with Quicken 2016 application?
    • How have you installed this application?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software of your system?
    • Do let us know if your administrator account is a Microsoft account?

As a basic troubleshooting, I suggest you to disable the anti-virus software if any installed and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the User Account Settings.

• Press Windows key, type user account control, select
      Change User Account Control settings.
    • Set notification to Never notify, click Ok
      and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: This issue might have also occurred due to compatibility issues on Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the program, download from the manufacturer's website and try to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10.

Steps to uninstall.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Quicken 2016 application.
    • Select Uninstall,

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated application from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the application installation file and select
      Properties
      then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the application and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode

1. Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode - Similar Threads - Why are applications

2. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  3. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  4. Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are all of my applications running in administrator mode: Every application I launch automatically starts in administrative mode, I have valuable files, over 100gb of them, as I am a music producer and game developer, but Is there a way I can solve this?...
  5. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  6. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  7. How to run my Surface Pro in administrator mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to run my Surface Pro in administrator mode: How to run my Surface Pro in administrator mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-my-surface-pro-in-administrator-mode/c07e1d08-b8fe-49ff-85b9-7f070bc286b8"
  8. Application launch with "Run as administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application launch with "Run as administrator": Good afternoon, I have an issue with launching app. In my masters I use 2 users : UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator). 1) I install software with Admin user and I have no problem. 2) I launch software and with Damin user I have to choose "Run as...
  9. Running a Application as Administrator

Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...
  10. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349