Windows 10: Why are all the restore options missing?

Discus and support Why are all the restore options missing? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm testing restoring Windows 10 from a Windows image on a virtual machine. I created a Windows image on a second drive, but when I reboot into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mauricev, Apr 10, 2016.

1. mauricev Win User

Why are all the restore options missing?

I'm testing restoring Windows 10 from a Windows image on a virtual machine. I created a Windows image on a second drive, but when I reboot into the screen where I should be able to select Refresh your PC, Reset your PC, Advanced options, I get just Startup Settings.

Why are all the restore options missing? [​IMG]

:)

mauricev, Apr 10, 2016

2. Why are the power options missing in Feature Build 1709

I believe they have been consolidated into the Battery notification icon on Taskbar.

When you click on it, you will now have three options to choose from using the slider.

This thread also explains how you can also get them back:

https://superuser.com/questions/1261306/cant-ch...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Why are the power options missing in Feature Build 1709

I recently updated to feature build 1709, now I'm missing the "power saver" and "high performance" options. Why did this happen?

Javid Sattaur, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Welcome to TenForums, mauricev. *Smile

To better help you, can you please do the following?

From an elevated (admin) command prompt, type and hit enter: reagentc /info

Then either post a screenshot or copy and paste the text output that results from this command.

Word Man, Apr 10, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep. Path to WindowsRE is not set.

NavyLCDR, Apr 10, 2016
  6. mauricev Win User
    The command revealed that the WindowsRE was disabled. I enabled it and it enabled and the path got set and it's working. Thank you.

mauricev, Apr 10, 2016
  7. Word Man Win User
    Great! Good to hear and good job!*Smile

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why are all the restore options missing? - Similar Threads - Why are restore

2. "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.: Hi Folks,"Extract All" disappeared after I downloaded some software and was "Messed With".I searched for a long time and found nothing that resolved my situation.I figured it was a Registry issue, but didn't know what.My solution was to open up another computer and delve into...
  3. "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.: Hi Folks,"Extract All" disappeared after I downloaded some software and was "Messed With".I searched for a long time and found nothing that resolved my situation.I figured it was a Registry issue, but didn't know what.My solution was to open up another computer and delve into...
  4. "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?

in Windows 10 News
    Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?: [IMG]When we don’t want to shut down our system because we are leaving the system for a short period, in that case, the best option is to use put your computer to Sleep. However, the Sleep option is missing for some users on their Windows 11/10 computers and if you are one of...
  6. RSAT and all other optional features missing in 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RSAT and all other optional features missing in 20H2: I'm looking to enable RSAT as described in various places using Settings/Apps & Features/Optional Features.When I open Optional Features then click Add a Feature, the window is completely empty of any options, as shown below in the first screenshot.Clicking on "More Windows...
  7. Creating a Restore Point -- Folder says (Missing) - Why?

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a Restore Point -- Folder says (Missing) - Why?: Want to create new restore point . The win10 default has Win C (system) set to OFF; and Win C Folder stating MISSING. Why saying MISSING? What is difference? And which should I turn ON (enable) to create new point -- C System or C Folder? [img] 176792
  8. Missing Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Options: I recently recovered my PC and wiped everything, now I'm trying to change my power plan and found that the only one is balanced. Before I wiped my PC I had Power Saver and High Performance. Those are now missing and it doesn't even display the "show additional options"...
  9. All Windows 10 restore options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All Windows 10 restore options: So I'm a little confused here. Apparently I can't increase the number of W10 Restore points to keep. I can only increase how much disc space to use. Also, by default W10 makes a Restore Point every day or 1440 minutes? I thought upon install W10 creates a Restore partition...
  10. System Restore missing from advanced startup options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore missing from advanced startup options: My advanced startup options used to have a System Restore tile something like this. Attachment 124016 Now its gone. Is that normal under the current setup or can I fix it? thx 78799