Windows 10: Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc?

Discus and support Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vishoka, Jan 23, 2021.

1. vishoka Win User

Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc?

:)

vishoka, Jan 23, 2021
  2. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc? [​IMG]

3. Creating restore points automatically; can it be done?

Hi Mark,

It's good to see that you're interested to learn more about Windows 10 System Restore. Yes! There's a way for Windows 10 to create restore points automatically. All you have to do is to create your first restore point, then when something significant happens,
    such as installing a Windows Update or a new application. See the steps below to learn how:

• Search for Create a system restore point.
    • Click on Configure, then choose Turn on system protection and
      OK.
    • Once done, choose Create, then type the description for restore point.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 23, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Seeking A Means To Create Automatically Windows System Restore Points.

Hi, from the extensive tutorial list- here's a searchable list to bookmark:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

see:
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10
    (I have this set up on this laptop- differently done on another)

Options in creating a scheduled task address this:
    FYI:
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10
    Add Create Restore Point Context Menu in Windows 10
    Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10

(2) - no idea, sorry.

Please note: restoring is unpredictable. Some here have given up on SR: I found it useful recently when it worked.
    One user said restoring reported it had failed to complete successfully, but in practice had fixed the problem.

dalchina, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc? - Similar Threads - Why are Automatic

2. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore points not being created: I've recently had to check what system restore points were available on some of my PC's Windows 10 & 11I'm concerned that although I have system protection enabled on all the drives, only the latest system restore point is present; I dont want to allocate a LOT of space as my...
  3. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore points not being created: I've recently had to check what system restore points were available on some of my PC's Windows 10 & 11I'm concerned that although I have system protection enabled on all the drives, only the latest system restore point is present; I dont want to allocate a LOT of space as my...
  4. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore points are being deleted automatically

System restore points are being deleted automatically: Original title: Frank Breda // Moved from NL My Windows 10 removes all restore points by itself every time.Someone who knows how to fix this?Thanks in advance for responses....
  6. Daily system restore points not being created

Daily system restore points not being created: I recently had a system crash and tried to use System Restore to get me out of trouble. When I opened my safety net via the Advanced Startup options, I was told that NO POINTS had been set. I always understood that SR creates points automatically on a daily basis. SR was...
  7. Automatic System Restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic System Restore points not being created: Did a Google search and did all the recommended fixes. Nothing. (Windows 10 Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039) 151119
  8. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...
  9. Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 How to Automatically Create System Restore Point on Schedule in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if...
  10. Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10 How to Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10 system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if...