Windows 10: Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

Discus and support Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicolas A_225, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me either for some reason, so I put a screenshot of what's happening in this Imgur link. https://i.imgur.com/VGXYT4r.png

:)

Nicolas A_225, Feb 22, 2024
  2. DznyFan Win User
    DznyFan, Feb 22, 2024
  3. DznyFan Win User
    System Tray notification area oddity

I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area. If I turn off the first icon the blank area disappears and the remaining icon moves over into its place. Likewise if I turn on all icons the one closest to the New Notifications icon is blank. I've tried resetting the notification area icons but noting changed. I am dazed and confused.

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10 65441d1456062811t-system-tray-notification-area-oddity-2016_02_21_13_53_331.png

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10 65443d1456062985t-system-tray-notification-area-oddity-2016_02_21_13_56_281.png

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10 65444d1456063061t-system-tray-notification-area-oddity-2016_02_21_13_57_431.png

DznyFan, Feb 22, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

dalchina, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

1. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why are blank

2. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  3. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  4. System tray / notification area disappeared post-update

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray / notification area disappeared post-update: Hi,Windows updated last night. The News & Interests icon appeared; the entire system tray disappeared including time and date.Have searched for this issue elsewhere but can't find an answer. Settings - Taskbar - Notification Area shows as "on" with power, network and volume...
  5. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows. Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings . Under Notification Area , choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove...
  6. Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.

Bluetooth icon is not showing up in system tray/notification area.: Hi, I was moving my mouse to fast and accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my taskbar. I am stuck trying to figure out how to restore it. According to "Select which icons appear on the toolbar" in settings, Bluetooth is set to on but the test also calls it windows...
  7. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...
  8. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves: Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary...
  9. System Tray notification area oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray notification area oddity: I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area....
  10. How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?: Hi, I'd like to increase the size of icons in system tray / notification area of Windows 10. Is it possible to do this, maybe changing some registry values? Thank you in advance. 75515