Windows 10: Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this?

Discus and support Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Lenovo netbook in Windows 11, clicking on anything about a taskbar's width ABOVE the task bar ... any link, any button in any app, any icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phil_64, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Phil_64 Win User

Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this?

On my Lenovo netbook in Windows 11, clicking on anything about a taskbar's width ABOVE the task bar ... any link, any button in any app, any icon on the desktop ... not responsive. Since it's a netbook, I need all of the real estate I can get. Even if it weren't, it shouldn't behave this way. This is all along the entire length of the taskbar, again, for a distance about the same width of the taskbar. Pretty much between the two yellow lines on the attached bit of screenshot. This is only when the taskbar is showing. But a lot of times buttons are really very close, and there are some app

:)

Phil_64, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Gino Des Win User

Icons in notification area - widnows ignores setting

Hi Alberto,

You might be experiencing this issue because Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is not working correctly or not responding.
    Windows Explorer is a program manager process that provides the graphical interface such as the Start menu, taskbar, notification area, and File Explorer. To sort this issue, we suggest that you restart Windows Explorer. The easiest way is by restarting
    your computer. If you do not want to restart your computer, you can also follow the steps below:

• Hold Ctrl+Shift while right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • On the modified context menu, select Exit Explorer. The Start menu and taskbar should disappear.
    • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click More details on the bottom part of the window.
    • Click on the File menu, and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe, and click OK.
    • Try setting up the icons in the notification area again.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you download and run
    the Start menu troubleshooter
    . This troubleshooter should also find and fix common issues with the taskbar.

We also recommend that you download any pending updates that need to be installed through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Keep us updated on the results, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 24, 2024
  3. WINDOWS 11 - Doesn't show my calendar on TaskBar

Dear Community Member,

I understand that you've been facing an issue with the calendar not displaying when you click on the time in the taskbar on Windows 11. This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you rely on the calendar for your work. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the context menu.
      • In the "Processes" tab, locate "Windows Explorer" and right-click on it.
      • Choose "Restart" from the menu.
      • Wait for the taskbar and desktop to refresh, then check if the calendar now appears when you click on the time.
    2. Check the taskbar settings:
      • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings."
      • In the settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click on "Turn system icons on or off."
      • Ensure that the "Calendar" option is set to "On."
      • If it was already enabled, toggle it off and on again, then check if the calendar appears.
    3. Update Windows 11:
      • Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Windows 11.
      • Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
      • Click on "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates."
      • If updates are available, download and install them.
      • After the update process is complete, restart your computer and see if the calendar is now visible.
    4. Create a new user account:
      • Sometimes, issues can be specific to a user account. Creating a new account can help determine if the problem is account-related.
      • Go to "Settings" and click on "Accounts."
      • Select "Family & other users" from the left sidebar.
      • Under "Other users," click on "Add account."
      • Follow the prompts to create a new user account.
    I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the calendar display issue on your Windows 11 system. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

mariyanzish, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Naki Win User

Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this?

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this? - Similar Threads - Why are clicks

2. Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are clicks ignored in the area just above the taskbar? Windows 11. How can I adjust this?: On my Lenovo netbook in Windows 11, clicking on anything about a taskbar's width ABOVE the task bar ... any link, any button in any app, any icon on the desktop ... not responsive. Since it's a netbook, I need all of the real estate I can get. Even if it weren't, it shouldn't...
  3. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  4. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  5. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  7. I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box: After I updated to windows 11, I found this hidden box. The box rarely appears, but it's annoying because I can't click anything in that area. How do I do know the apps/process that executed that box? Thank you...
  8. I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click some area above my taskbar because there is a hidden box: After I updated to windows 11, I found this hidden box. The box rarely appears, but it's annoying because I can't click anything in that area. How do I do know the apps/process that executed that box? Thank you...
  9. How to customize Windows 11 Taskbar area

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize Windows 11 Taskbar area: [ATTACH]Windows 11 has a new taskbar that is much different than the one found on Windows 10 and other older versions of the operating system. One can argue that the changes to the taskbar in Windows 11 are the most significant change since Windows XP. The taskbar here looks...
  10. Windows ignores clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ignores clicking: This problem is kinda rare and a restart solves it. But I want to know anyways what could cause it. Totally random, my everything freezes. Keyboard input and mouse movement work, but clicking doesn't. When I click on a window, it gets white, as if the mouse was NOT on that...