Windows 10: Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

Discus and support Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karstens61, May 21, 2023.

1. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files. Instead, Windows Explorer is opening the first file selected. This prevents the file from being moved.

:)

Karstens61, May 21, 2023
  2. Derwood21 Win User

Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no
    difference. Using the old trick of 'turn it off, turn it on again', I tried opting for single-click, intending to then go back to double-click but this option has been disabled. I have searched forums for answers and although there seem to be very few people
    experiencing the same issue all the answers refer to the Group Policy Editor. I have tried following the steps to install this on the Home edition but have so far had no success.

Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click? b3b046ec-97a7-4877-a3dd-cfda74af3798?upload=true.png

Derwood21, May 21, 2023
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 21, 2023
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

Ran LuizScruz' suggestion and restarted. Tested the problem. Documents are still opening on a single "select" click.

Karstens61, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

1. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click? - Similar Threads - Why are files

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  5. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  6. single click to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  7. single click to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  8. single click to open

9. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  10. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: How to: Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open...