Windows 10: Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"?

Discus and support Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Explorer has recently started rendering folder but not file icons as tiny in the "detail" view. Rebooting or killing/restarting explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ajkessel, Jul 27, 2021.

1. ajkessel Win User

Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"?

Windows 10 Explorer has recently started rendering folder but not file icons as tiny in the "detail" view. Rebooting or killing/restarting explorer.exe seems to fix it, but I haven't figured out any way to stop it from happening in the first place or fixing it in a more graceful fashion.Note that zooming in and out isn't a solution--that just switches from detail view to other views. My problem is only in detail view.It's also not a problem that impacts all icons -- the icons other than folders look fine.Some screenshots below of detail view tiny folder icons vs. other views normal folder

:)

ajkessel, Jul 27, 2021
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are folder icons occasionally tiny in Windows 10 explorer "detail view"? - Similar Threads - Why are folder

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  6. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  7. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger: Hello everyone I updated to Windows 10 2004 from 1909 and noticed that the details view in the file explorer looks different and more spaced out that it did before. I want to ask: how can I make this more compact? For reference: this is what I am hoping to achive in terms...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  10. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?: Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer. Problem: My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when...