Windows 10: Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account.

Discus and support Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been battling with Windows 10 Mail app having upgraded my computer and having to start again with my email as I was unable to port across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevieT#2, Apr 22, 2021.

1. StevieT#2 Win User

Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account.

Hi,

I have been battling with Windows 10 Mail app having upgraded my computer and having to start again with my email as I was unable to port across my previous system settings. I am using an imap account and anything I amend via my webmail account with my internet provider is replicated when I sync with Mail. However, any folders or subfolders created in Mail are not matched in my webmail account and any emails in those folders are no longer available/visible in my webmail 'master' account. It seems any emails moved from the originally created file when I sorted mail directly in my webmail account and created the folders to folders made via Mail app are hidden to my webmail and I am concerned they may be lost from what should be my master account/record.

Any pointers would be much appreciated as I am sooooo frustrated with Mail.

:)

StevieT#2, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Apr 22, 2021
  3. vallero Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Apr 22, 2021
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account.

Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10

Hi Arminder,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about the Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10.

Remember that Windows 10 Mail app only replicates your webmail. Check on your webmail (depending on your provider for the archive folder)

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Reference:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are folders created in Windows 10 Mail app not replicated in my webmail account. - Similar Threads - Why are folders

2. Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...: Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually It works on the 3 android devices I own with no issues....
  3. app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded

in Windows 10 Customization
    app links replicated in another account windows 10 uncommanded: As admin, when installing a link to an app in my desktop a matching link is created in another account Removal of the 2nd link also deletes the original from my desktop Not: All 2ndary link activities are occurring uncommanded...
  4. Creating Folders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Folders in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly followed the instructions previously offered on this forum as to how folders can be created in Windows Mail App. However, no + sign appears next to 'All Folders' after I click my account then click 'More'. Why is there no + sign? Also, it seems that there...
  5. Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

Unable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, For some reason i cannot create folders or sub-folders in Mail....... whenever I try I receive the following message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-folders-in-windows-10-mail/19b14330-3859-4808-af46-e0428fdd2be6
  6. Creating folders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating folders in Windows Mail: I have searched for instructions to add folders to Windows Mail. All say to click on the + by All Folders. I have no +. I have checked for updates. Now I am at loss. Thank you....
  7. How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?

How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?: I am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. ***Modified title from: i am trying to create email folders on Windows 10. Can you advise me how this is done. I need to be able to organise my email. ***...
  8. UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail

UNable to create folders in Windows 10 Mail: Hi Guys, I am using my Icloud account linked to Windows 10 so I can organise my emails better. I've tried creating folders, however the computer deletes the folder and says it cannot be created. I've got no idea why. I've tried shutting the computer down and reloading...
  9. cannot create folders in windows mail app

in Browsers and Email
    cannot create folders in windows mail app: when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be...
  10. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

cannot create a new folder in Mail app: when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not be created, and the...