Windows 10: Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Discus and support Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mart_28, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mart_28 Win User

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents.

Thank you

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ? 82b4bbd1-1e44-4af1-9228-a788ca548305?upload=true.png

:)

Mart_28, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Issue with default documents folder location

Thanks, Geethu. That helps, but still unsuccessful. When I go to Location, I choose the option 'Restore Default' which looks like it will move the documents folder from \user\OneDrive to \user, which is what I want to do, but then when I try to do it I get
    a 'access denied' error.

What I want is for the Documents folder on This PC to default to the Documents folder in my user folder, which is how earlier Windows versions worked. But now it's defaulting to \user\OneDrive for some reason.

Any ideas? Thanks.

StevenFurst, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Issue with default documents folder location

Original title: Default Documents folder

Why does the default Documents folder on This PC point to OneDrive instead of the one in the User's folder on This PC?

StevenFurst, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

1. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ? - Similar Threads - Why are folders

2. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  3. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  4. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  5. OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder

OneDrive: How to reset default location for the "Documents" folder: I used to back up my Documents to OneDrive. That changed the default location of the document's folder. After a while, I unlinked that OneDrive account, but the default folder location did not change. Unfortunately, I still have files in that folder, and I get the following...
  6. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  7. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  8. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

9. Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?: When I right click on my files on the desktop, and look at the properties, the location isn't C:\Users\username\Desktop but C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop.In the left pane inside Windows Explorer, clicking on This PC and then the Desktop link right below it, gives the...
  10. Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?

Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?: When I right click on my files on the desktop, and look at the properties, the location isn't C:\Users\username\Desktop but C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop.In the left pane inside Windows Explorer, clicking on This PC and then the Desktop link right below it, gives the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installation onedrive changes default folder locations documents