Windows 10: Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others?

Discus and support Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a fan that runs 2400 RPMs. My other fan run at least half of that. What is the purpose for the different speed designs? 131053 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kamryn, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kamryn Win User

Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others?

I bought a fan that runs 2400 RPMs.
    My other fan run at least half of that. What is the purpose for the different speed designs?

:)

Kamryn, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Clive K Win User

better heatsink

I argued a bit with my son about the stock Intel heatsink/fan when I did a new build a few months ago.
    I've found them reliable even with hotter CPU's than the one I have currently, and they provided good cooling.
    I don't OC, but he competes in OC'ing. So here I am again with the K processor and a Hyper 212 Evo. (Since he gets my cast-offs I think he has ulterior motives, but his suggestions are good and I trust him.)
    My case is a monster, which provides good air-flow with minimal fans.
    For non-overclocking and with that case and CPU he should have no issues with overheating with the stock heatsink/fan.
    Maybe he should look more closely at how it's handling air-flow.
    I sort of hated tossing that new Intel heatsink/fan - right into my sons hands.
    He didn't have any problem installing the Hyper 212 Evo, but he had to do it twice, because an end RAM stick had to go in first.
    It looked like a PITA to me, but that's probably because he does my new builds now. Better hands.

Clive K, Apr 17, 2019
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others?

after disabling superfetch service and cleaning inside entire cabinet motherboard processor fan and still processor fan running too fast

Hi,

For us to assist you effectively, kindly provide us the following information:

• What is the program that you're trying to run when the fan for your processor is running too fast?
    • Have you checked if there are applications running in the background?

This kind of situation is dependent on the programs that you are trying to run on your system. The bigger/heavier program you will launch/run then the faster the fan for your processor will run to keep it cool. Running programs that exceed your device's
    capacity can greatly affect your hardware. It would also be best to check if the processor still has the sufficient thermal paste on it to help it keep cool.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others?

1. Why Are Heatsinks Fans Designed To Run Faster Than Others? - Similar Threads - Why Are Heatsinks

2. Fan not working as designed to be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan not working as designed to be: I have lenovo ideapad gaming and recently my fans are not working as they are supposed to be .At first i though it was the issue with the fan but even after the fan replacement the problem persistes. the isuue is the fan suddenly stops spping and even the performance mode the...
  3. Fan not working as designed to be

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan not working as designed to be: I have lenovo ideapad gaming and recently my fans are not working as they are supposed to be .At first i though it was the issue with the fan but even after the fan replacement the problem persistes. the isuue is the fan suddenly stops spping and even the performance mode the...
  4. My computer's fan turns on runs faster, but PC won't get into Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's fan turns on runs faster, but PC won't get into Windows: Sometimes, PC works normally, as intended. But sometimes, PC's cooling fan runs faster, light on the power button doesn't turn on and i don't hear any sound usually when turning on i hear a "beep" noise...
  5. My clock runs faster than the actual time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My clock runs faster than the actual time: It isn't a lot faster but every week or so it is about a minute ahead and I have to reset it. How do I make it so that it checks for the correct time on startup? I am running on v1803. submitted by /u/mothh9 [link] [comments]...
  6. Update : My Computer is running faster than ever :)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update : My Computer is running faster than ever :): I posted a question last night about Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-and-sysmain-are/d5e810b5-6fb8-4bf3-9c33-8dfbd9c308cb I finally managed to solve the problem. I found...
  7. curious why USB 3.0 runs 33% faster in windows 10 than in 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    curious why USB 3.0 runs 33% faster in windows 10 than in 7: same laptop, same USB 3.0 ports, same USB flash stick. but 1/3 faster in windows 10. why? 55286
  8. Tweak or "run faster"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweak or "run faster": Most folks have their own opinions so give me a few on if any software programs out there actually worth the time? "Brink is God"*chuckle 65030
  9. Does Windows 10 Run Much Faster Than Windows 7 and Why Does It?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 Run Much Faster Than Windows 7 and Why Does It?: I upgraded from my Windows 7 laptop to a Windows 10 laptop. The new laptop has an i7 processor and a SSD; and the old has an i5 processor and an optical hard drive. The processor clock speeds are not much different. The speed of the new computer however is several times...
  10. Can the liquid from a compressed air damage the fan of the heatsink?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can the liquid from a compressed air damage the fan of the heatsink?: Hey, I was cleaning my PC today with a can of compressed air and I didn't know that I'm not supposed to shake it, and some liquid came out on the CPU fan. It even left a stain on one of the blades of the fan. Did I damage something? Can I somehow remove the stain? 77541