Windows 10: Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?

Discus and support Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This happens for all the icons that show up when I look up apps like Calendar, Calculator, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DelfinC, Oct 24, 2021.

1. DelfinC Win User

Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?

This happens for all the icons that show up when I look up apps like Calendar, Calculator, etc.

:)

DelfinC, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 24, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 24, 2021
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box? - Similar Threads - Why are Icons

2. Search box blurry icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  3. Search box blurry icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box blurry icons: Hi there. So the search bar of my windows 11 laptop looks like this and the icons seem a little bit off like they kind of have a bad resolution and I don't like it. I don't know if it’s a bug or something....
  4. Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?: This happens for all the icons that show up when I look up apps like Calendar, Calculator, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-icons-not-showing-on-the-windows-search/b34f39ba-df68-4289-9ae8-5fd7750b6ef3
  5. Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are Icons not showing on the windows search box?: This happens for all the icons that show up when I look up apps like Calendar, Calculator, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-icons-not-showing-on-the-windows-search/b34f39ba-df68-4289-9ae8-5fd7750b6ef3
  6. Search box missing with no option for "show search box"

in Cortana
    Search box missing with no option for "show search box": I followed this thread exactly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-search-box-back-in-the-task-bar-win-10/d6d22ba7-7398-4bc9-b86f-e41e6e80f7d4 but still don't have the search bar. Yes, I have "use small taskbars" set to off. Yes, I have...
  7. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  8. Search Box not showing

in Cortana
    Search Box not showing: Hi, I am on W10 1903 build 18980.1. Since a while, should I click on the taskbar's search icon or WIN+S, nothing happens (or sometimes I get a big black square). This is kind of a pain, as i'm not fond of icons y navigate mostly through searches. I already tried...
  9. Icons not showing in Windows Search Box on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Icons not showing in Windows Search Box on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Icons help a user to select a file or identify that file. Both the complexity and visual appearance of the software goes down when these icons are not present. Some users have been facing this issue. They are reporting that [...] This post Icons not showing...
  10. Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Search Windows and the web from the taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from...