Windows 10: Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

Discus and support Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xx_1stone1_xx, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 1, 2023
  2. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu? [​IMG]

psyko12, Apr 1, 2023
  3. psyko12 Win User

Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

1. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu? - Similar Threads - Why are icons

2. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  3. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  4. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  5. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  6. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  8. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.: No idea why..Any suggestions?I have two users/profiles in my pc, one user its like this only the apps show here has no icon other user all the apps has no icon.LoveIM...
  9. Application icons in start menu are not appearing correctly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Start menu search can't find some applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search can't find some applications: I am unable to search for some applications on my new laptop. I have tried rebuilding the index and restarting twice now with these options: [img] For example, both Chrome and Firefox are installed and have icons in the start menu, both show up under "Most Used" and both...