Windows 10: Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

Discus and support Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick O'Keeffe, May 30, 2023.

1. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network" notice and does exactly nothing more. I'm expected to go tromping through the settings page, search through the known networks list and --this is the kicker-- completely forget the network. You don't even get the option to enter a new password, your only option is to forget it and start over. Would it realllllly have been thattttt difficult to make the error message just say "Credentials not accepted"? Would it have been technically impossible to cr

:)

Patrick O'Keeffe, May 30, 2023

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, May 30, 2023
  3. Microsoft establishes 12 principles for Windows development

Microsoft has announced 12 principles that it will use to guide the development of it's Windows platform. Brad Smith, Microsoft's Senior Vice President, outlined these principles based on the experiences of the company, such as antitrust battles, regulatory scrutiny, and fierce competition in the software market. The 12 principles are based on three main areas: Choice for computer manufacturers and customers, opportunities for developers, and interoperability for users. The principles are-
    When asked about the new policies, Brad Smith says "We've had nearly five years of experience under the U.S. consent decree, and the one thing we've learned the importance of is humility…".

Source: Eweek

zekrahminator, May 30, 2023
  4. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

1. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs? - Similar Threads - Why are Microsoft

2. Why microsoft support so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why microsoft support so bad: Hello,I had an microsoft account in 2019, that account got banned. I asked for my info back, they couldn’t because i ga e all my personal information and jt didn’t match my account. I created a new account, 1 year later jt got blocked, i asked why wouldn’t give me the reason....
  3. Why is Microsoft Support so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Support so bad?: I received Microsoft Support today because creating a new MS Word file was taking up to 1 minute. A message "Contacting Server" was displayed.I received support from a MS Support person called Ejiro Ewhubare who directed me to go to Regedit and rename the Outlook key.This has...
  4. Why is Microsoft Support so bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Microsoft Support so bad?: I received Microsoft Support today because creating a new MS Word file was taking up to 1 minute. A message "Contacting Server" was displayed.I received support from a MS Support person called Ejiro Ewhubare who directed me to go to Regedit and rename the Outlook key.This has...
  5. Why is Microsoft Support so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?: If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network" notice and does exactly nothing more. I'm expected to go tromping through the settings page, search through the known networks...
  7. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?: If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network" notice and does exactly nothing more. I'm expected to go tromping through the settings page, search through the known networks...
  8. Why is Microsoft Recovery So Bad ?

Why is Microsoft Recovery So Bad ?: Idk About you but the microsoft recovery is fricking terrible You type in the information correctly yet they still say its not accurate I am trying to sign into my other account xaviernarine678 and it's not working it sucks and I know everyone can agree * Moved from Community...
  9. Why is Win10 networking so bad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Win10 networking so bad?: Please, help me... I'm about ready to drop kick my machine off the balcony. Okay so I use Linux for 99% of the things I do, my work laptop's in Linux, my servers run Linux. I play with a bunch of raspberry pi's etc. The last time I really got involved with Windows was with...
  10. Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job?

in Cortana
    Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job?: The old thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana-winpc/why-is-windows-10-search-so-bad-at-its-job/6041e4bf-c30c-4575-a52c-b6916a1e7326? I am still confused why the windows 10 search is so bad at it's job. I always thought it was...