Windows 10: why are most of my photos hidden from view

Discus and support why are most of my photos hidden from view in Cortana to solve the problem; I am unable to view only a few of my photos. They seem to be h idden behing a lavender or grey curtain or fog. This only happened since Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by fussellthomas, Jun 21, 2019.

1. why are most of my photos hidden from view

I am unable to view only a few of my photos. They seem to be h idden behing a lavender or grey curtain or fog. This only happened since Windows 10. Also they are not accessible by a relevant date- what's going on?

:)

fussellthomas, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Photos

Hi,

These photos may have been hidden. To find these photos, we advise you to show hidden files and folders on your PC. To do so, follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Folder Options on press
      Enter.
    • Go to View and under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drivers.

Let us know if you've found the photos.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Can I view all photos in one view

Hi Gary,

We'd like to ask few questions to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using the built-in Photos
      app to view your photos?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Desiree Yau, Jun 21, 2019
  4. why are most of my photos hidden from view

Can I view all photos in one view

Thank you for the information, Gary.

Just to confirm, did you follow the suggestion of Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this thread? If so, were you able to see all your photos?

We understand that you don't want to use the Photos app. However, that is another way to view all your photos. If you would like to try, please follow the steps below:

• Open the Photos app.
    • Click on the ellipsis (See more).
    • Select Settings.
    • Under Sources, click on Add a folder.
    • Add the folder where the pictures are saved in.

Note: Just add the main folder and all the photos saved in the subfolders should show up.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

why are most of my photos hidden from view

1. why are most of my photos hidden from view - Similar Threads - why are photos

2. Viewing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing photos: When I click on a photo icon on desktop or in folders it takes several minutes to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-photos/54ddf94b-e8dc-4fa5-b18b-d6e07d0a11c9
  3. Viewing Photos from a DVD Disk in my Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Photos from a DVD Disk in my Computer: G'day, I have thousands of Photos copied onto DVD Disks. I wanted to open them so that I was able to see about 50 photos as small Icons rather than opening them individually. I have Down Loaded Window Media Centre. When I open them I get pictures all the same. I can...
  4. Compressed photos when viewing from My Cloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compressed photos when viewing from My Cloud: Hi, I have a WD Mycloud NAS device on my network and i recently have bought a laptop with windows 10 pro. I have managed to set it all up ok except when I open the photos on the WD My Cloud drive they seem to be compressed. If I view the same photos from the WD Mycloud on...
  5. How do I view most recent photo folders first?

How do I view most recent photo folders first?: How do I view most recent photo folders first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-most-recent-photo-folders-first/28462fc2-693f-416b-8428-7409f2bd6878
  6. why do my photos have hidden copies of other deleted or moved photos

why do my photos have hidden copies of other deleted or moved photos: why do my photos have hidden copies of other deleted or moved photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-photos-have-hidden-copies-of-other/54d06dbd-df23-4d8d-910b-e4be8bfb2821"
  7. Photo Viewing

Photo Viewing: I have many photos on my Win 10 64 bit Build 1903 laptop. For Photos Twinui is recommended for Windows 10 but this is very unfriendly . I am used to being able (in Explorer to click on a Jpg file and view it. Twinui comes up with an error message so I have to go...
  8. Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo: Windows photo app going to most recently viewed photo instead of next photo in the folder using mouse wheel with latest windows update, how do I change it back? in photos settings I have it checked to "view next or previous item" when using the mouse wheel....
  9. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Viewing: How can I get the old Pre W10 photo viewer back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/17a4dc27-11a4-402e-b0b5-423f17f76e32
  10. Task view not showing most of my activities.

in Cortana
    Task view not showing most of my activities.: I believe it happened after I enabled show more days option in task view. I use powerpoint almost daily but even it is not showing up on the task view...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hidden from view