Windows 10: why are my apps not showing

Discus and support why are my apps not showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this computer 3 weeks ago and i did not do anything in the settings and suddenly i can't see my apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielNelson3, Aug 12, 2018.

1. why are my apps not showing

I got this computer 3 weeks ago and i did not do anything in the settings and suddenly i can't see my apps

:)

DanielNelson3, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 12, 2018
  4. why are my apps not showing

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

why are my apps not showing

1. why are my apps not showing - Similar Threads - why are apps

2. Why isn't Apps & Features showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't Apps & Features showing?: Im yet again, still having issues with my Apps & Features just being installed apps, I do not have the regedit file to delete nor am i in S mode.. What do i do to get to see background apps....
  3. Why isn't Apps & Features showing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't Apps & Features showing?: Im yet again, still having issues with my Apps & Features just being installed apps, I do not have the regedit file to delete nor am i in S mode.. What do i do to get to see background apps....
  4. Why my screen is showing this

Why my screen is showing this: Please help me out with this..Nothing is working neither I am getting any settings option. I restarted it several times...but still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-screen-is-showing-this/c75bd54f-82e1-454e-aec0-293bd5bb54d8
  5. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  6. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  7. Why my Bandwidth regulator app shows me blocked apps by firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why my Bandwidth regulator app shows me blocked apps by firewall?: Hello, Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1151) EIS NetLimiter I know, I have asking the same question thousands of times, but I have not understand Example: If I have a Disk SpeedUp.exe blocked in my Firewall, why it still appears as active application? Thanks 183462
  8. Why my screenshot showing up at App Permission?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my screenshot showing up at App Permission?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/1Elmar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktwdwc/why_my_screenshot_showing_up_at_app_permission/
  9. Why is the app I uninstalled still showing in my apps list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the app I uninstalled still showing in my apps list?: I uninstalled several programs from my apps list in Windows 10 Settings. When I returned to this view, those apps were still listed. When I clicked on uninstall, a message said this process was available only to apps that were installed. SO why are these still listed if I did...
  10. Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?: What i mean is when i move the mouse cursor over an app window in taskbar if it's a game in the passed i saw the game running/playing in the small window of the app or if it's a program. Now i need to click on it and enter to it to see what is going on with it. Now the...