Windows 10: Why are my desktop icons changing?

Discus and support Why are my desktop icons changing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows 10 desktop icons are changing. Notice the arrow in each icon. How do I stop this from happening? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by williamj78, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Why are my desktop icons changing?

Hello,

My Windows 10 desktop icons are changing.

Notice the arrow in each icon.

How do I stop this from happening?

Why are my desktop icons changing? 40b811b8-0c7c-4029-9db9-b1e0b428ab28?upload=true.jpg

:)

williamj78, Jun 23, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Why are my desktop icons changing?

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Why are my desktop icons changing?

1. Why are my desktop icons changing? - Similar Threads - Why are desktop

2. change icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change icon on desktop: I wanted to change the icon to something that I chose and is in JPG format.So, I right-click on the present icon on the desktop, properties, customize, and change icon that is the folder that I would like to place it in, if possible. Ultimately everything this is inside that...
  3. Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change: Dear MSCSI have found that after arranging my desktop icons how I would prefer them, Windows re-arranges them in its own way.I like my important tool icons to be set in their place; followed by folders, PDFs, Word Docs, Pictures and lastly Notes, but it seems like Windows...
  4. Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change: Dear MSCSI have found that after arranging my desktop icons how I would prefer them, Windows re-arranges them in its own way.I like my important tool icons to be set in their place; followed by folders, PDFs, Word Docs, Pictures and lastly Notes, but it seems like Windows...
  5. Why Does My Desktop Icon Arrangements Change

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I changed my desktop icons.

I changed my desktop icons.: a few days ago I decided to change my icons to windows 98 icons, and I've liked them. but it's been a bit confusing and I want to change them back, but I don't know how...
  7. Why are my Desktop Icons like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my Desktop Icons like this?: [ATTACH] the resolution is 1920 x 1080 (recommended) the text/app size is 150% (recommended) https://preview.redd.it/5axva53x02t61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=82ac7bd90b5e003de416ff725493cb4d7548bf6e i tried restarting--nope. i tried clicking "Align Icons to...
  8. why my desktop icon disappears

why my desktop icon disappears: there is a problem in my drive. my desktop icons disappears automatically. again all of my folders are deleted from my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-desktop-icon-disappears/926ea1a6-6e55-4aee-94b1-ee499a84f0df
  9. Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my desktop icons refreshing?: My desktop icons go from the icon to all white then back to the icon every now and then and same with my windows taskbar and icons I pinned there. Any way to fix this? My only lead is that I had adobe creative cloud before then I put it in the trash but I downloaded a newer...
  10. change the font on my desktop icons

change the font on my desktop icons: how to change the font on my desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-on-my-desktop-icons/fbba04a9-9683-466b-9e22-8542981ca846