Windows 10: Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

Discus and support Why are my desktop icons refreshing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My desktop icons go from the icon to all white then back to the icon every now and then and same with my windows taskbar and icons I pinned there. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZojiRoji, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

My desktop icons go from the icon to all white then back to the icon every now and then and same with my windows taskbar and icons I pinned there. Any way to fix this? My only lead is that I had adobe creative cloud before then I put it in the trash but I downloaded a newer version of it and I restored the older version. So I had two adobe creative cloud desktop apps and then I moved the old one to a folder or something. How do I make my desktop app icons not refresh and not go white every now and then it’s annoying and distracting.

submitted by /u/ZojiRoji
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZojiRoji, Aug 25, 2020

2. Desktop icons

Greg,

I deleted IconCache but when I went to see if it worked by moving an icon on my desktop and then right clicked to refresh, the icon did not move back. It seems like there is a step missing where I need to save the positions of the icons on my desktop. Any
    other suggestions?

Lou

LouisPadula, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Why are my desktop icons refreshing?

1. Why are my desktop icons refreshing? - Similar Threads - Why are desktop

2. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  3. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  6. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  7. no icons displayed and desktop blinks as it was refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    no icons displayed and desktop blinks as it was refreshing: my laptop doesn't show any icons and only displaying the background with the taskbar. also it refreshes every time like it blinks with black screen. how do i fix this?...
  8. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  9. I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm experiencing flickering of my desktop icons as if it's refreshing: I'm not sure if this flickering that I'm experiencing in my Windows 10 desktop icons is caused by my graphics card or a conflict with the software installed. I've had the same graphics card for almost 10 years and it's never given me any problems. I was going to upgrade and...
  10. Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh"

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh": Folks, Running a one-month old clean Win 10 install. I find that my desktop icons frequently lose their shortcut symbol (the little white square with curved blue arrow), or otherwise change. I haven't tried to figure out when or why this happens. It shouldn't. An icon,...