Windows 10: Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?

Discus and support Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few minutes ago, I did the Windows 10 build 2004 Update. Before the update, my desktop icons were not that wide like it is now. Also, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alpi_exe, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?

A few minutes ago, I did the Windows 10 build 2004 Update. Before the update, my desktop icons were not that wide like it is now. Also, when I try to make them smaller they get even wider. I tried to refresh, restart my pc etc. nothing helped. Can someone help me, please?

submitted by /u/alpi_exe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alpi_exe, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Desktop icon size

hi

The desktop icons always revert to Medium size when restarting my laptop, I change the size to Small icons every time I start by right clicking the mouse from the desktop but they always change to Medium size when I next start the laptop.

Michael

michaelsalis, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?

Size of Desktop icons

Neither of the options suggested, to change the size of the desktop icons, are available in Window 10 or at least my Windows 10 .

Punkymoyle, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size?

1. Why are my Desktop-Icons so wide and how can I revert them back to the old size? - Similar Threads - Why are Desktop

2. How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?: Background: While using command prompt, I was trying to get my account to have administrative rights and somehow created a new account onto my computer that resets everytime I restart my computer as if it's newBefore, whenever I used my computer, a user wouldn't show up in...
  3. How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert back to my old user on my computer?: Background: While using command prompt, I was trying to get my account to have administrative rights and somehow created a new account onto my computer that resets everytime I restart my computer as if it's newBefore, whenever I used my computer, a user wouldn't show up in...
  4. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  5. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons are really wide: all the desktop icon takes up half of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-really-wide/b104ead8-d426-4365-b6fb-dd10d24658bb
  6. Desktop icons are really wide

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my desktop icons changed positions. How to I set them back?: All of my icons on my desktop swapped positions so now they are all in different locations than they were before. Is there any way for me to have them reset to the positions they were in before? I also don't just mean the icons for stuff that comes included with Windows 10,...
  8. desktop icons wide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop icons wide: My desk top icons are super wide so any idea why they are super wide Thanks ! submitted by /u/THE11R0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/map286/desktop_icons_wide/
  9. wide desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wide desktop icons: [ATTACH] Hi, after one week of vacation I'm back on my PC and saw this. How can I fix it? https://preview.redd.it/vxs4jmgboil51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=946de87bd95992a23bd543e8ec6d233cae575838 submitted by /u/sebbe_tug [link] [comments]...
  10. My Desktop Icons are HUGE and I can't figure out how to revert them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop Icons are HUGE and I can't figure out how to revert them.: Hello, I had fallen asleep last night and forgot to shut down my laptop and now when I woke up this morning, all my icons are gigantic. The screen is able to fit 21 icons with all the others stacked on top of each other in the upper left corner. I was wondering if you could...