Windows 10: why are my display fonts not clear?

Discus and support why are my display fonts not clear? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It appears the latest update to windows 10 affected fonts. I seem to remember there was a setting that needs changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryDrobnitch, Sep 20, 2018.

1. why are my display fonts not clear?

It appears the latest update to windows 10 affected fonts. I seem to remember there was a setting that needs changed.

:)

LarryDrobnitch, Sep 20, 2018

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Display Font

So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol).
    So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I have created. Not a new font layout, not the size of the font, but THE WHOLE FONT DISPLAY.

For an example, where it says "Search the web and Windows" it would show in the font of my choice.

When I click on the Windows Start and all my apps are listed, they would be listed in my font.

Or when I go to log in, under my name it would show MY FONT. MY FONT would be shown EVERYWHERE there is any text!

How, please??! I have made it to the screen where it list's all the available fonts, ones that I have installed and what not. (Settings --> Personalization --> Fonts) However, once I open the font I would
    like to apply there are no options to do so... Its frustrating, the one thing to make my theme be complete!! I appreciate bringing the option back of choosing a custom color for display options, but there has to be a reason these fonts have been installed
    and are listed in the personalization menu. Not to mention you can purchase more fonts from the store... Please help!

lisalisaloo, Sep 20, 2018
  4. why are my display fonts not clear?

Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

why are my display fonts not clear?

1. why are my display fonts not clear? - Similar Threads - why are display

2. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  3. changing the font size and clearness on emails, my display, and task bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing the font size and clearness on emails, my display, and task bars: Hello, I hope someone out there can answer this question. First of all when I receive an email I can not read it I"m not young anymore anyway I want to be able to open my mail up and be able to see it clearly. It's so light and small it's hard to read. Is there a way to...
  4. Not clear to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the font

Not clear to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the font: It is not convenient to distinguish the holidays on the Canlendar by the blue font [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-clear-to-distinguish-the-holidays-on-the/25d25231-84e8-4f70-ab34-981420c94f68
  5. Font is Not clear in windows 10

Font is Not clear in windows 10: Dear team, greetings for the day, I am unable to see clear font. I have attached screen shot. Font appears to be marked. I tried resetting the font(Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts\Font settings). It didn't help me. With regards Naveen krishna...
  6. Font display

Font display: Working on a presentation in PowerPoint. Downloaded fonts appear in the drop down list in PowerPoint but do not display when added to text in the presentation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-display/177e295d-3b26-461e-bc87-87b844f51a95
  7. Font Display

Font Display: How do I get windows to allow the correct graphic display of fonts that are not in its standard library of fonts. The fonts in particular are Balloon Bd BT, Balloon Lt BT, and Balloon XBt BT. The Font selector says "This is a scalable printer font. The screen image may...
  8. Display Text Not Clear

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Not Clear: My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly....
  9. Display Font

Display Font: So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol). So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I...
  10. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fonts not clear

2. display fonts not clear

3. my display is not clear

4. how to clear display fonts ,
  5. monitor shows font not clear,
  6. windows display fonts,
  7. display fonts not clear on ld,
  8. windows display font not clear,
  9. fonts display not clear