Windows 10: Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

Discus and support Why are my emails deleted from their folders? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 6Six2Six6, Nov 27, 2021.

1. 6Six2Six6 Win User

Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my receipt emails in that folder. I don't know why, but lately those email have disappeared, and I don't have a clue as to why that has happened. Can anyone give some guidance as to what I need to do? I'm not a computer guru so don't give me anything to in-depth, okay?Thanks,Bill

:)

6Six2Six6, Nov 27, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Why are my emails deleted from their folders? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Why are my emails deleted from their folders? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 27, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Thank you for the suggestion. The only message I find at the bottom of the message list in the deleted items folder is "To find older messages, use Search". My search did not work.

Thanks.

ChandrasekarapuramRSubramaniam, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

1. Why are my emails deleted from their folders? - Similar Threads - Why are emails

2. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  3. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  4. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  5. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  6. Accidentally deleted an email folder

Accidentally deleted an email folder: I accidentally deleted an email folder. I have set up rules for hundreds of email addresses to go into this folder. I now can't recover the folder and my rules are no longer working due to no destination folder being there. This is inundating my inbox. I really don't want to...
  7. Recover deleted email folder

Recover deleted email folder: Had a senior moment and deleted one of my email folders windows live mail 2012, instead of a single item. I have tried various methods via the net to no avail. Any help to retrieve the folder will be much appreciated....
  8. Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 email - deleting folders, deleting emails from folders: Windows 10 email has deleted all my folder from my mail. I re-added a number of folder which are all still there but now the emails that have been put in there have been deleted also. It is doing this by itself... Help...
  9. emails not going to deleted folder

emails not going to deleted folder: In Office Outlook ever since Dell tech reinstalled my whole computer, the emails in Office Outlook-- when I delete an email, it goes into the "trash" folder instead of the deleted folder. The same when deleting Junk email, they go into the trash folder instead of the...
  10. Permanently deleting emails from the deleted folder in the email set-up that comes with...

Permanently deleting emails from the deleted folder in the email set-up that comes with...: Can anyone help with this? All 3000+ emails just reappear overnight, no matter which way I delete them-singly or all at once. Thanks. KaKaKaty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-deleting-emails-from-the-deleted/a67022cf-ba00-4963-a85b-4df21dec319a"