Windows 10: why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...

Discus and support why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 ethernet connections show different descriptions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomLynch3, Aug 17, 2019.

1. TomLynch3 Win User

why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...

Windows 10 ethernet connections show different descriptions

:)

TomLynch3, Aug 17, 2019
  2. ZeSurfer Win User

3 x Microsoft Designer Mice, 3 different PC's all fail

Have tried every suggestion found on every forum, i have 3 designer mice, 3 different PC (x99 based i7/Quadro P6000 workstation, 370 based i7/GTX1080ti desktop, and an i7/GTX1050ti laptop - Oldest machine is x99 @ 3 years). All worked fine until April Windows
    pdate, now Microsoft Mice stop working after about 3 hours.

• removed and re-installed broadcom / intel drivers,.
    • paired and unpaired
    • disconnected and reconnected
    • changed power settings
    To get the mouse to work I have to...

1. Disconnect Bluetooth mouse

2. Remove Bluetooth Mouse

3. Uninstall Bluetooth Radio in Device Manager

4. Reboot Computer

5. Allow windows to reinstall drivers (both broadcom and intel are latest drivers)

6. Pair Bluetooth Mouse

7. Connect Bluetooth Mouse

Then all will work fine for about 3 hours then mouse will stop working - windows reports that mouse is paired and connected, just no action.

This is happening on three different machines (with a mixture of broadcom and intel BT stacks), with 3 different Microsoft Designer Mice. I have read every other thread on these forums (and many others) regarding this issue, and it seems its VERY common,and
    Microsoft just give stock answers.

Microsoft, Your OS, Your Mouse - Fix It!!! No issues before April 2018 update.

Keith Goodyer

ZeSurfer, Aug 17, 2019
  3. 2 Different ethernet connections.

My ethernet connection(s) are very flaky, software frequently complaining that it is not connected. I think it is because I have 2 Different ethernet connections, Ethernet and Ethernet2; my "Home" workgroup appears to exist only on the Ethernet2 connection.
    How can I reconfigure so that all ethernet traffic comes through just 1 connection?Thanks

TedDon_935, Aug 17, 2019
  4. why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...

Only IPV6 connection through ethernet, ipv4 not connecting (Through google fiber, no router/modem)

1. I was last able to access sites two days ago at night. Yesterday, all ipv4 connections failed.

2. I last patched to the latest version of windows 4-5 days ago, but internet was working fine for 2-3 days after the patch.

3. I'm using chrome, I've tried Edge to no avail.

• I plugged a different computer into the same cord and ethernet port, got the same problem
    • I plugged the this computer with the same cord into a different ethernet port, same problem
    • I plugged this computer with a different cord into the same ethernet port, same problem
    I believe it may be an issue with the building's ethernet itself. However, using a wireless connection to a router that is plugged into the building ethernet through a third port works fine.

I also tried all the steps linked there, no success. I have also tried forcing static ip's for IPV4 connection, but no success there either.

th3ch0wst3r, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same...

1. why are my ethernet designations different on 3 different computers connected to the same... - Similar Threads - why are ethernet

2. Why is my ethernet different with different pc's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my ethernet different with different pc's?: I'm using a Lan cable and so is my brother. He he is in a different room and gets about 40mbps download on Steam and other platforms. I get around 5mbps on every platform. I tried bringing his cable to my pc, but the result is the same. I have removed all the limitations in...
  3. Why is my ethernet different with different pc's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my ethernet different with different pc's?: I'm using a Lan cable and so is my brother. He he is in a different room and gets about 40mbps download on Steam and other platforms. I get around 5mbps on every platform. I tried bringing his cable to my pc, but the result is the same. I have removed all the limitations in...
  4. Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers: I have a barcode scanner that saves barcodes as .txt files , which we upload to a PC. One of my drivers .txt files however are not formatted correctly, for some reason the lines are double spaced on the files she emails in. I got the scanner from her and when I open the .txt...
  5. Same computers, different updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same computers, different updates?: I have two identical laptops running Windows 10 Pro. Both have Windows update set to defer feature and quality updates for 30 days. Both were updated to version 1909 a few weeks ago. Yesterday, both had an update labelled "2019-12 Cumulative update for .NET framework 3.5 and...
  6. 2 Different ethernet connections.

2 Different ethernet connections.: My ethernet connection(s) are very flaky, software frequently complaining that it is not connected. I think it is because I have 2 Different ethernet connections, Ethernet and Ethernet2; my "Home" workgroup appears to exist only on the Ethernet2 connection. How can I...
  7. 3 x Microsoft Designer Mice, 3 different PC's all fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 x Microsoft Designer Mice, 3 different PC's all fail: Have tried every suggestion found on every forum, i have 3 designer mice, 3 different PC (x99 based i7/Quadro P6000 workstation, 370 based i7/GTX1080ti desktop, and an i7/GTX1050ti laptop - Oldest machine is x99 @ 3 years). All worked fine until April Windows pdate, now...
  8. Remote into different account on same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote into different account on same computer: Is there any way to control (as in, remote login-esk way to use) second account on same computer? I have several different user accounts on my computer, one is for game servers (killing floor, minecraft, etc), I'd like to be able to control it in a window from my main...
  9. Why the extreme difference in performance on same 801.11 AC connection

Why the extreme difference in performance on same 801.11 AC connection: I have three systems on 802.11ac all using ASUS Wifi adapters, plus an 802.11 ac TP-Link Archer C9 router. I use only the 5.0 GHz band for all my WiFi operations. I have a desktop where I keep the Wifi antenna on the edge of my desk. I position my laptop maybe a foot away...
  10. Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 - Same login - different computers - different mouse settings: Good afternoon, I have Windows 10 on two computer with the same login profile. On one computer, I have a left handed mouse on it with the buttons switched. On my laptop, it has a normal touch pad. The issue is that my left button on my Desktop is switched so it is back to...