Windows 10: Why are my fans always on no matter what?

Discus and support Why are my fans always on no matter what? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just bought a surface book 2 and as soon as I started it, the fans would run continuously no matter what. CPU and GPU isn't stressed at all. The fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Orlemus, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Orlemus Win User

Why are my fans always on no matter what?

Just bought a surface book 2 and as soon as I started it, the fans would run continuously no matter what. CPU and GPU isn't stressed at all. The fans run at max speed even on battery saver mode and also while asleep sometimes. It's really annoying to hear them run all the time

:)

Orlemus, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 24, 2019
  3. NickOttWU Win User
    CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Jun 24, 2019
  4. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Why are my fans always on no matter what? - Similar Threads - Why are fans

2. Why does windows keep updating no matter what?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows keep updating no matter what?: I've tried to tell this worthless O.S. every way imaginable not to update anymore from calling microsoft and being walked through on how to disable updates to following all of the available online guides in removing registry keys and all sorts of b.s. but Microsoft still gets...
  3. Why does windows keep updating no matter what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows keep updating no matter what?: I've tried to tell this worthless O.S. every way imaginable not to update anymore from calling microsoft and being walked through on how to disable updates to following all of the available online guides in removing registry keys and all sorts of b.s. but Microsoft still gets...
  4. Yourphone.exe always showing up in GPU usage no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yourphone.exe always showing up in GPU usage no matter what: In the past turning off background apps helped prevent this, but now that I have my own phone it is on no matter what when it wakes from sleep.I am sure the program is not a trojan since it is from C:\Program...
  5. Yourphone.exe always showing up in GPU usage no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yourphone.exe always showing up in GPU usage no matter what: In the past turning off background apps helped prevent this, but now that I have my own phone it is on no matter what when it wakes from sleep.I am sure the program is not a trojan since it is from C:\Program...
  6. “Inaccessible boot device” always appears no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “Inaccessible boot device” always appears no matter what I do: After installing an update, my computer keeps prompting me to restart the computer saying “inaccessible boot device”. The startup repair never works. I tried uninstalling updates, but the computer can’t find any latest quality updates to uninstall, and trying to uninstall the...
  7. After Windows Update... no matter what color i choose, the icons are always dark, why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update... no matter what color i choose, the icons are always dark, why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xXRyokoXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpc3ha/after_windows_update_no_matter_what_color_i/
  8. Laptop Fan Always On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Always On: I have an Acer Nitro 5 770HQ, GTX 1050 Ti laptop and recently my fan is always on. I don't know what to do! Even if I am not running Any background programs like I used to before GeForce etc and I just look at the desktop my laptop's fan is running like a blender all the...
  9. Disk always at 100% no matter what

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk always at 100% no matter what: hello all i am at my wits end! i have followed every thread on the web about how to get the disk down from 100% but no matter what i do it's always back up to it within minutes. from the moment i turn on the laptop it maxes out and doesn't decrease, to the point where it...
  10. Laptop fan not always turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan not always turning on: Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the...