Windows 10: Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?...

Discus and support Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This happens with all my apps not just Microsoft to do [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SantiagoCanon, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?...

This happens with all my apps not just Microsoft to do

Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?... e9671ac1-5607-4b3c-a2fd-15b28a1905cd?upload=true.png

:)

SantiagoCanon, Sep 13, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 13, 2018
  4. aosman Win User

Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?...

Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

Hi there, I have a similar imperfection which showed up upgrading to creators pack 2. When I search for Window store apps, (i.e. Mail, Calculator, Feedback, Edge) with Cortana, I always get blank icons. The app icons appear if I dock them to start or to task bar and they all work. It's only the icon that is missing when I search.

I have tried rebuilding search index, reinstalling whatever apps I can actually reinstall (like mail) and what was suggested above, but it does not fix it. Any ideas?

I have reported it to Microsoft via feedback app, but wondering if anyone else has been able to manually fix it.

Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?... [​IMG]

Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?... [​IMG]

aosman, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?...

1. Why are my icons showing up like this for all my apps when I type them in the search bar?... - Similar Threads - Why are icons

2. Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...: Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the original icons? How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-app-icons-have-x-in-them-in-the/ed1b9eee-4b29-4103-be16-23694649a233
  3. Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...: Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the original icons? How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-app-icons-have-x-in-them-in-the/ed1b9eee-4b29-4103-be16-23694649a233
  4. Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why are all of my icons in the search menu showing up as a white x?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are all of my icons in the search menu showing up as a white x?: every single icon shows up like this except a select few, such as downloads, ive tried deleting thumbnail cache and icon cache, nothing works, i made back ups of the caches just incase that was the problem this happened ever since my little brother had multiple instances of...
  6. Why are all of my icons in the search menu showing up as a white x?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are all of my icons in the search menu showing up as a white x?: every single icon shows up like this except a select few, such as downloads, ive tried deleting thumbnail cache and icon cache, nothing works, i made back ups of the caches just incase that was the problem this happened ever since my little brother had multiple instances of...
  7. Why are all of my icons in the search menu showing up as a white x?

8. Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar: When I try to search up some apps on my windows search bar I noticed that the apps' icons are not appearing or it appears as a white cross with a black background. [ATTACH]...
  9. When I search for an app on my PC, the app icon will not show but the icon of a picture!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I search for an app on my PC, the app icon will not show but the icon of a picture!!!: Hey, when I search for One Note, Powerpoint, Word or Excel on my PC, the icon of One Note, Powerpoint, Word or Excel should come out. Instead the icon is a picture icon. It's really annoying me, please help....
  10. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...