Windows 10: Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

Discus and support Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got an issue with one windows 10 pc which is connected to a server. On this pc are shortcuts to a program which runs from a mapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterBurns, May 30, 2017.

1. Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

Hi all,

I've got an issue with one windows 10 pc which is connected to a server. On this pc are shortcuts to a program which runs from a mapped drive. The program will only run from a mapped location and will not recognise unc paths.
    This server has to be shutdown every so often for updates and on this one pc the icon keeps disappearing.
    The end user is getting extremely frustrated, which given the circumstances is understable. I've looked into changing the group policy settings for troubleshooting (as per windows 7) and I'm waiting to get access to the pc to implement this

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try ?

Thanks in advance,

:)

PeterBurns, May 30, 2017
  2. wintomato Win User

Can't open Maps programme on N95 8GB!

if you go to file manager, and into CITIES folder, and check out if you have any maps in there. I had some before, but somehow they disappeared.

so, i downloaded the new Nokia NSeries PC suite, and the map loader program, once that's done, select the delete maps on phone, just to make sure, then choose maps to download and then, mine worked.

not sure how they disappeared in the first place, but they're back , and that's why my maps program would just go back to standby screen, cos there was no maps in there anymore.

hope this helps

wintomato, May 30, 2017
  3. cararta Win User
    blue spinning disc besides mouse pointer when win 10 is loading after being shutdown. why?

blue spinning disc besides mouse pointer when win 10 is loading after being shutdown. why?

taking a long time to become useable

having to wait for blue spinner to disappear

cararta, May 30, 2017
Thema:

Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

1. Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ?? - Similar Threads - Why are mapped

2. Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?: The past few months when shutting down Windows 11, I get a message saysing, Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows.When I click either CANCEL or Shutdown Anyway, Windows shuts down. This happens about 80% of the time.Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  3. Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?: The past few months when shutting down Windows 11, I get a message saysing, Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows.When I click either CANCEL or Shutdown Anyway, Windows shuts down. This happens about 80% of the time.Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  4. SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash

SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash: I have 3 SSD. A Samsung EVO 480, EVO 860 and EVO 870, All connected per SATA cable. This problem only affects the 860 and 870 which are V-Nand.The 870 was brand new and instantly had the same problem as the 860 already was having.The problem:Sometimes when I start my PC this...
  5. Why not my Pakistan map on map app

Why not my Pakistan map on map app: can Microsoft make it clear that why Pakistan map is not included in offline maps, is it not a discrimination* Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-my-pakistan-map-on-map-app/9053ac42-eaf1-4ca4-a050-14745a9f39b6
  6. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown: Greetings, Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened because the battery was low. Since them, when I turn on the PC, what I see is this screen: [IMG] This is not the first...
  7. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  8. Mapping to Debian Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping to Debian Server: For years I've had shares from my XP64 machine mapped to my Debian server with the following fstab entries. It's a lot faster transferring files between machines using cli and I don't have any of the windows protection limitations. Code: //192.168.0.XXX/Archive /archive cifs...
  9. Why does one of my programs open then disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does one of my programs open then disappear: Why does one of my programs open then disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-one-of-my-programs-open-then-disappear/f76b9443-64fe-40fa-8910-a1266d11bed3
  10. Offline Maps disappeared

Offline Maps disappeared: Hello, months ago I downloaded some offline maps on my desktop which is not connected to Internet and it worked fine. Now Maps does not work anymore, since my Offline Maps disappeared. Is it possible that offline maps expire after a while and they are deleted automatically?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my installed apps disappear if the pc is shutdown?