Windows 10: Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch?

Discus and support Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days the system has been driving me crazy. The network has virus protection but it acts like something has effected the system. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angela-TempAIR, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch?

For the past few days the system has been driving me crazy. The network has virus protection but it acts like something has effected the system. When I use the mouse it clicks so quick that it drops down a menu then pulls it back up in a literal flash. When I try to click on text it seems to want to either not select it or select too much. When I am writing a document it will freeze and not allow me to put the Insertion point into the text so I can add additional text. It is acting weird and quirky and I tried checking the mouse settings and they are the same as my office-mates' computer so it is NOT the mouse setting that is causing it. I am not sure why it is acting so weird but it is really bothering me. I have to completely close out of and open things back up for them to act normal for a while and then it starts acting weird again. Also when I try to choose a printer or anything drop down related it makes me click it REALLY slowly in order for the click to even work and stay where it is supposed to stay.

What's the issue?

:)

Angela-TempAIR, Feb 14, 2020

2. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

My mouse has recently acting weird. Whenever I left-clicked the mouse, acts like a right-click however my right-click is still good. Therefore, both buttons are acting like right-clicks. Sometimes, it goes off by just leaving it a few minutes but then
    the issue returns if you used it after a few seconds. Since I'm using a laptop, both the external mouse and the touch pad had this issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers but did not work. Please send a help. Thank you.

SherwinJalandoni, Feb 14, 2020
  3. JohnFaint Win User
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****

JohnFaint, Feb 14, 2020
  4. ruggb Win User

Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch?

choppy mouse

Windows 10-1607
    i7 16GB ram
    SSD + HDD
    recently started - intermittent problem - CPU usage under 10% - RAM usage about 30% - DPCs appear OK

When moving the mouse it acts like it is being preempted by other operations/interrupts and starts/stops moving for random times. I am not seeing any CPU spikes or anything else unusual but I may not be looking for the right things or using the right tools. Any trouble shooting suggestions?

ruggb, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch?

1. Why are my mouse actions acting like someone spiked it's punch? - Similar Threads - Why are mouse

2. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  3. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  4. Why is my mouse acting on its own?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is my mouse acting on its own?: Was at the public library, using their free Wi-Fi. After an hour of no problems, the cursor starts acting on its own, then opening random pages. I then shut off Bluetooth & the internet connection, but it keeps acting out? Is this something with the software? Hacked?...
  5. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  6. Controller Acting like a mouse

Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  7. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  9. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  10. Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse: I downloaded DuckStation PS1 emulator today to replay some old favorites but I can't because when my Xbox 360 controller is plugged in the right analog stick moves the mouse and the buttons do various things. When I launch DuckStation I guess it does not recognize that it's a...