Windows 10: Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

Discus and support Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About a month ago whenever I've shared my screen for work or on video calls in my personal life a lot of the devices connected in my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rafael002, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Rafael002 Win User

Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

About a month ago whenever I've shared my screen for work or on video calls in my personal life a lot of the devices connected in my computer disconnect. My mouse stops working, my microphone/camera stop working, and in a few instances my keyboard has stopped working too.This is happening across any platform I use zoom, skype, etc. and starts a few seconds after I share my screen. When the devices do disconnect there is an audible sound, after that they stay disconnected for a few seconds to minutes it varies until it connects again and it will continue this process until I stop sharing my

:)

Rafael002, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

There's a possibility that another device driver is in conflict with the one that has been updated. I suggest rolling back the driver for your camera and microphone. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Navigate to and expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click your camera and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, then select the Roll Back Driver option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Click OK when finished.

Please do the same for the microphone and update this thread with the results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

1. Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen? - Similar Threads - Why are mouse

2. New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet: I just got a new laptop but everytime I connect to my wifi network the internet goes ridiculously slow and my other devices get disconnected and are not able to use the internet. I will then disconnect the wifi on the laptop and the internet will go back to normal and the...
  3. New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop disconnects other devices when connected to wifi and disconnects my internet: I just got a new laptop but everytime I connect to my wifi network the internet goes ridiculously slow and my other devices get disconnected and are not able to use the internet. I will then disconnect the wifi on the laptop and the internet will go back to normal and the...
  4. Why is my mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly?

Why is my mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly?: i have less then a year old computer and about 2 weeks ago my mouse has been disconnecting and reconnects randomly, it seems to do disconnect more in games.can someone tell me whymy mouse is a deathadder v2...
  5. MY MOUSE AND OTHER USB DEVICES STARTS TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT OR I CAN SAY THEY LAG WHEN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY MOUSE AND OTHER USB DEVICES STARTS TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT OR I CAN SAY THEY LAG WHEN...: THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR MANY YEARS AND THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN I USE THE STERIO OPTION AND NOT THE HEADSET OPTION CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM....
  6. MY MOUSE AND OTHER USB DEVICES STARTS TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT OR I CAN SAY THEY LAG WHEN...

MY MOUSE AND OTHER USB DEVICES STARTS TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT OR I CAN SAY THEY LAG WHEN...: THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR MANY YEARS AND THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN I USE THE STERIO OPTION AND NOT THE HEADSET OPTION CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM....
  7. MY MOUSE AND OTHER USB DEVICES STARTS TO CONNECT AND DISCONNECT OR I CAN SAY THEY LAG WHEN...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?: About a month ago whenever I've shared my screen for work or on video calls in my personal life a lot of the devices connected in my computer disconnect. My mouse stops working, my microphone/camera stop working, and in a few instances my keyboard has stopped working too.This...
  9. Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are my mouse, camera, microphone and other devices disconnecting when I share my screen?: About a month ago whenever I've shared my screen for work or on video calls in my personal life a lot of the devices connected in my computer disconnect. My mouse stops working, my microphone/camera stop working, and in a few instances my keyboard has stopped working too.This...
  10. when i Screen share my shared screen is bright but not my actual screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when i Screen share my shared screen is bright but not my actual screen: whenever I screen share or stream my shared screen or stream is very bright not my actual screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-screen-share-my-shared-screen-is-bright-but/da029884-d780-4680-8d1c-5da05345febe