Windows 10: Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account

Discus and support Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i bought a 2 Xbox gift cards 20$ dollar and 10$ dollar digital code. so together it was 30. i checked my billing on the microsoft store. it says i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vai Thompson, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account

i bought a 2 Xbox gift cards 20$ dollar and 10$ dollar digital code. so together it was 30. i checked my billing on the microsoft store. it says i have the 30 but when i tried to buy minecraft for 29.99 i click buy then it leads me to a small page that says credit or debit. why cant i buy it will the balance on my account? i even tried buying among us to see if it was bc tax i couldn't afford minecraft but it still just gave me credit or debit options.

:)

Vai Thompson, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Sam P. Win User

Changing the credit card option to Debit

Hi fredrikaanimashaun,

Thank you for your contribution to the forums. When it comes to adding a payment method to your account, the credit card option can actually also be used for debit cards - essentially you'll be using your debit card as a credit card, like you would with
    any other online purchase.

Regards,

Sam P., Feb 4, 2023
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Newegg customers may have had their credit card information stolen

Yes, credit cards are risky to use on the web, but the ATM debit cards are much worse since the ATM debit cards are directly tied to people's checking account.

If and when a purchase made on/offline, an ACH debit transaction is issued against the credit/debit cards. In case of the fraudulent charges, the buyer can dispute the charges in both type cards. In case of the credit card, the buyer don't have to pay the fraudulent charges, until the dispute is settled.

With ATM debit card, the buyer can also dispute fraudulent charges, but charged amount in question will not be returned to the checking account until the dispute is settled. In another word, the money could be gone from the checking account for 1-3 month.

Some of my friends and one family member who went through the painful process of disputing ATM debit card charges. In some of these cases, the checking accounts had been emptied that caused these people financial hardship. Needless to say that these people no longer have ATM debit cards....

Cr00zng, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account

can i use debit card instead of credit card for buying games in store

So I am not sure about this but I believe that if you set up a new payment option and choose credit card (assuming debit card is not an option) and input all the information it should work. Make sure the following is true:

• your debit card must have either the Visa or MasterCard logo on.
    • Your debit card cannot have restrictions on subscription-based internet purchases. If you are not sure whether your debit card has restrictions on subscription-based Internet purchases, contact the financial institution that issued the debit card.
    • You must have more than one dollar in your debit card account.
    Give it a try and see if it works ...

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account

1. Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account - Similar Threads - Why are options

2. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  3. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  4. There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...: My son had an xbox that I added my card too. He is no longer with us and I do not know the account info and need the automatic payment to stop....
  5. Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my only options debit or credit when i have money on my account: i bought a 2 Xbox gift cards 20$ dollar and 10$ dollar digital code. so together it was 30. i checked my billing on the microsoft store. it says i have the 30 but when i tried to buy minecraft for 29.99 i click buy then it leads me to a small page that says credit or debit....
  6. Why do i only have 4 options in my Update & Security?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do i only have 4 options in my Update & Security?: Why do i only have 4 options in my Updates & Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-only-have-4-options-in-my-update-security/5257a735-0bb7-4499-b464-dda34478fbe7
  7. Credit card/ Debit card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Credit card/ Debit card: How do I use a Visa gift card on microscoft, it keeps saying my information is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credit-card-debit-card/6170f16b-5c0d-45c2-9919-47defca1a6fc
  8. Where will my money go if I refund it when it was bought with a credit card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where will my money go if I refund it when it was bought with a credit card?: I bought a game on the Microsoft store with a credit card, and I wanna know if when I refund it, would I get the money on my credit card or money in the Microsoft store?...
  9. Acceptance of Indian Debit or Credit cards?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acceptance of Indian Debit or Credit cards?: Will microsoft allows Indian Debit Cards to buy such products in Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acceptance-of-indian-debit-or-credit-cards/12b3ef28-302b-4f5a-a98f-5aa32ce452a2
  10. How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Link Credit card or Debit card to Microsoft account.: Hello! I live in Kyrgyzstan and I wanted to add a card to my account to make a purchase from the store, however it does not accept it and tells me that I put the wrong address in even though it is my actual address that my card tied to....