Windows 10: Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper?

Discus and support Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I sign in to my pc at home with my Microsoft ID. Although set up with my ID my work pc signs in with a PIN. Lately I'll come in to work, fire up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CustomStrat, May 20, 2019.

1. Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper?

I sign in to my pc at home with my Microsoft ID. Although set up with my ID my work pc signs in with a PIN.

Lately I'll come in to work, fire up my pc and behold, the desktop wallpaper is the image I have up on the one at home.

Then, I'll set it back to a different image for work but when I return home and fire up my home pc it now has the wallpaper I set up at work.

Why is this happening and how can I get it to stop?

:)

CustomStrat, May 20, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, May 20, 2019
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, May 20, 2019
  4. Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper?

How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper?

1. Why are my PCs swapping desktop wallpaper? - Similar Threads - Why are PCs

2. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  3. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  4. Desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper: Which Gaming wallpaper are you using on your laptop or desktop pc? Do you like 4k gamig wallpaper for your device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpaper/4e0519eb-b98b-4ccf-8c1e-c1e6c20bd78a
  5. Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?

Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?: This happend after i linked my computer to my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-wallpaper-changes-to-windows-81/c9e80024-2d8b-49cc-9d81-d62f59a0177b
  6. desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop wallpaper: Hello i have a dual monitor setup and every time I actually try to set my wall paper it seems to be really big and kind of blurry both monitors are 1920x1080 making it 3840x1080 as using dual monitors seems to make it big and kind of blurry?...
  7. desktop wallpapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop wallpapers: how i can new wallpapers for my dektop background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpapers/e3f39876-466e-4858-8aaf-eae4d1c9b62b
  8. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  10. Desktop Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers: Where is the option from 7 & 8.1 to "Change Picture Every" and "Shuffle". Am I missing something? Thanks for all help. 16319